JKM RR Day Convoy

djgritt

I reckon a convoy is in order for those of us going to the JKM RR Day on the 2nd Feb.

Im thinking that if we met up at Rownhams on the M27, we could carry on from there?

What do you reckons?

This is the main thread for the idea, in the South Central section - theres a list in there for those interested :thumbup:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/south-central-meets/jkm-rr-day-convoy/98558/#post1135887

Cheers,

I'll be coming down the A35 from Devon, so no idea where to meet. I don't know the M27 well, beyond knowing it's "nearly there" :D

No problems dude, it EASY!

You will do the A35, then pick up the A31 at Bere Regis, then after you eventually go through the New Forest, you pick up the M27 @ J1. The Services are just after J3 :thumbup:

Simple.

Heck i have to do the A31 from Wimborne, so we might bump into eachother, but not lterally! :P

If I make it on the day, I'll be coming down the Saturday morning so could meet you guys @ Rownhams. I'll be joining from M3 down from A34.

What time you meeting?

Dunno yet - will arrange closer to time :thumbup:

If you wer to meet us a Rownhams you would have to go in the opposite direction for a junction and then back on yourself - incase you don't know already... ;)

Yeah - If it's J3 of M27, sounds fine to me. Not sure where we're even ending up first? Not sure if Brekkers at JS is on the cards?

Thats why im not making any ideas for times etc just yet

need to know what the plans are for the day first. :P :thumbup:

I reckon a convoy is in order for those of us going to the JKM RR Day on the 2nd Feb.

Im thinking that if we met up at Rownhams on the M27, we could carry on from there?

What do you reckons?

This is the main thread for the idea, in the South Central section - theres a list in there for those interested :thumbup:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/south-central-meets/jkm-rr-day-convoy/98558/#post1135887

Cheers,

Rownhams well I could do that if i'm in soton or b'mouth

Be warned they are installing SPECs cameras on the M27 J11-12

Just ahead of the Hayling turn off - they weren't active as of last weekend, still "black bagged"

Nope that was on the A27..

They are now no longer black bagged and are in use.

The ones on the M27 are between the fareham junction and the M275 junction, they were just poles but now have un bagged cameras on them :thumbdwn:

All the way up the M3 to Winnal isn't what you'd call small from dorset or soton :P

But according to route finder it's only 12.1miles & 15 whole minutes driving from Rownhams services (which is where these chaps were on about meeting see post #1) to Tesco Winchester (on Winnall Trading estate) ;) HTH

Gerry beat you to it Ian :P

I'll likely meet you guys @ Winnall TBH

Jason, djgritt fancy a small detour?

All the way up the M3 to Winnal isn't what you'd call small from dorset or soton :P
But according to route finder it's only 12.1miles & 15 whole minutes driving from Rownhams services (which is where these chaps were on about meeting see post #1) to Tesco Winchester (on Winnall Trading estate) ;) HTH
He's always beating me. ;)

Looking at Google Earth there doesn't appear to be anything eastbound on the M27 until the turn off for JKM.

Could detour - though it isnt that small a detour really - depends what others want to do i guess?

There isnt anything after Rownhams further along the M27 either

Dunno :confused:

I'm quite happy to nip up the M3 to Winnal. Looks like about 15 miles at most anyway. :)

Was looking at a route going straight to Winnal and it doesn't look that bad if I went A303 and then down through Salisbury to come into Winchester from the west? (or even just down the A34 from Andover I suppose)

Jason - you could go Salisbury then A30 to A34 which is a nice road.;)

That was my first thought when trying to think of a route. :D I like the A303 when it's quiet, just for "making progress", and it's very direct. I may very well go straight to Winnall then. :thumbup:

Erm not sure now lol

Im not actually very far from the 303, so could do what Devon is suggesting, though it would be a strange route for me (in the fact its less direct to get to Portsmouth from mine)

Dunno yet, could pick up at Whiteley...

If you wanna go to winnall Tesco for brekkers then A303 seems best. If we're not, then for me, A35 is best. It all rests upon brekkers, and for me it's a very enticing prospect. :thumbup: yum yum! :D

It IS very tempting - ill have to see, but go to Winnall if brekky tempts you that much! :rofl:

Plus i was supposed to be coming to the day on my own, but now looks ill have a car full... so i'll HAVE to go the A35 way to collect 2 of the passengers :rolleyes:

That's 15 minutes assuming the M3 is flowing well, which in my experience is rarely the case. I know Winanal isnt' far but 12.1 miles * 2 = 24.2 miles out the way and then that 15 minutes is quite likely to be 25-30 each way.