Superb CV joint

Hey,

Can anyone tell me does the CV joint off an A6/A4/passat fit a 03 1.9 tdi superb. My monkey mechanic managed to break the abs ring on the front left while doing the wheel bearing resulting in a new cv joint needed.

A6/A4/passat ones are very cheap on ebay just wondering if they are the same.

Thanks

Give GSF a call mate and ask them, they will know as they can reference the part numbers but you may find that the parts are cheap enough from GSF.......at least I have always found that.....

Watch eBay CV joints - there are Chinese ones around now because of the very high failure rate on B5.5 Passats caused by the crappy boots VAG fit. The Chinese joints will be land fill in a few months' time - like most other stuff from there.

Good advice to contact GSF - I have found them to be both helpful and discerning in their sources for parts.

I give the outside of the CV joint boots a dose of silicone spray from time to time to prolong their lives.

rotodiesel.

I can cross reference part numbers when I get home this evening if it helps.

Thanks that would be a great help.

I have to say anytime I've rang GSF here in Ireland they have been anything but helpful. Called about the CV joint and got roughly told "Don't do em" and the phone dropped.

Has happened before when I called about beetle parts.

Thanks that would be a great help.

I have to say anytime I've rang GSF here in Ireland they have been anything but helpful. Called about the CV joint and got roughly told "Don't do em" and the phone dropped.

Has happened before when I called about beetle parts.

I think you just got the wrong guy on the wrong day, I went to them for filters this week, guy took reg number and went right for the right parts 1st time, very helpful as well with other things I asked about.

I think you just got the wrong guy on the wrong day, I went to them for filters this week, guy took reg number and went right for the right parts 1st time, very helpful as well with other things I asked about.

Yep I would echo that...........only ever had cracking service from the guys at GSF in Leamington Spa.......