Debri on road HIT!

W-TRON

Was driving at seventy hit possible metal/ masonry on the road caused instant blow out.

Alloy wheel is beyond repair got the spare wheel on (VRS has spare full size alloy) pulls hard to the left.....and shakes

Got tracking checked still in tolerance.....

No visible damaged when inspected by skoda and kwick fit to front passenger side wheel components..... any ideas.

It was a large item caused massive trauma to the car.

So annoyed as there was no time to react as car infront just missed it!

Put one of the rear wheels to the front and the 'spare' to the back to see if the problem is the spare wheel you have fittted. Also check the tyre pressure and balance of the wheel. As for pulling to the left, is the steering wheel straight when driving in a straight line? Apart from that have the set up up of the car checked & not just the tracking check on the front as the front nearside wheel might now be further back than it was before!

If you damaged one wheel, chances are the other one on the same side is also damaged. Remove the other wheel on the same side, even though it may look ok from the outside and check it thoroughly.

Not all VRS's had a full size alloy, most of the later cars had a 16" steelie, so at least you were lucky in that respect.

If you damaged one wheel, chances are the other one on the same side is also damaged. Remove the other wheel on the same side, even though it may look ok from the outside and check it thoroughly.

Not all VRS's had a full size alloy, most of the later cars had a 16" steelie, so at least you were lucky in that respect.

Well yeh could try xchanging the wheels around.....was told that wheel balance would only be shakey at certain speeds... it just shakes and vears all the time and worse at high speed

The impact could have perhaps damaged an already weak bush. That wouldn't show up on a tracking check but would cause issues when moving.

I had some a hole in a 4x4 throw something out of the window and it made a hell of a noise as I went over it but luckily when i pulled into the next petrol station to check there was no damage.

Hope you get it sorted.

Well thank you all for your help took the front to wheels off swaped them around and now it vears to the right ( Instead of the left so i guess its just different tyre so i am getting to budjets fitted £60 each!!!!!!!! lol

New tyres £60.00 each fitted 205-50-17

Although Skoda gave me a 16" vrs wheel instead of a 17"??????

they recon the first vrs models had 16" wheels rather then 17's ever heard of it????