Pesky Window Assembly Clips!

Does anyone know where I can obtain 4 of these? I have had three windows fall into my doors over the last year and need to track some down. I went to my local dealers who gladly told me that I would have to buy complete electrical assemblies, each at £70+ :eek:, to cure the problem!! Surely there's somewhere I can track some down before my drivers window does the same thing :(?

18577.attach

I have the same problem!!!, all of the windows have eventually gone down and the dealer charged me for the entire assembly in each one of the cases. right now the Rear/Right window has broke the damn plastic piece!!!! they make this stuff out of butter it seams !!

It seems that the manufacturer cut a few cost corners when it came to the window assemblies! I've tried everywhere to get these and it seems the only way now is to head to a scrap yard and do some dismantling! I had a recent quote from 'Breakeryard.com' for a set of four of these 'Plastic (I reckon 5p to make(!)) Clips' for ...wait for it...£60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...this country's gone to the dogs! Anyway good luck in your hunting!

just out of interest do a search on ebay - they are the same as in a glof from memory and VW do a repair kit for the golf that uses cast metal pieces rather than the plastic ones in the Skodas. You usually need to buy the cabe and drum mechanism as well but I think they were only £50 or so last time I looked and would certainly be more durable.

As I said though I got mine from a scrapper and have ket the rest of the door skin for other spares!