arm rest and sunglass holder

DC OCT2

My OEM armrest was fitted, but IIRC it is fitted in the recess between the seats and it's not the easiest thing to do.

The procedure would be something along the lines of this;

Armrest installation pictures for Golf TDI

Or mayby this;

Audi Arm rests

The sunglasses holder takes about 5 minutes. You remove the blanking plate where the volumetric sensors are and just refit the holder.

• 2 months later...

The armrest was a doddle, though the instructions said it was a "dealer only" job due to specilised tools needed. He was happy to sell me the parts. Four Torx head bolts fasten the unit down to the centre console. Prise out the little tray between the seats, all of the holes are already in. Took about 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

just ordered myself the sunglasses holder and the plastic clip also, though not sure what its for!!! dealer was quite helpful to the point he brought up the drawings and showed me what to do!!! £14.40 inc vat. Not bad at all

• 1 year later...

I've got the armrest, but have always left it sticking up vertically as I found that it interferes with my use of the handbrake (I'm one of those drivers who actually uses the handbrake at traffic lights so as not to blind the drivers behind with my brake lights.... )

Yeah me to, i only use the arm rest on motorways etc.

The Sunglasses holder was a doddle. Use your fingers to pry the origional part out of place, disconnect the two clips with your fingers, attach the new part to the wire you just removed from the old unit and pop in to place. it will take NO LONGER than 5 mins. I did mine while waiting on my wife at a shop!!! didnt even get home and it was done!!