wheels to fit over brembos

skodaguy

Team Dynamics pro race(Not Pro Race 2), OZ Super t's, Ultralegerras, TT Comps, TT 6 Spokes including S3 wheels, Some compomotives. Have a check on SCN I'm sure they have a dedicated brembo wheel clearance thread for the LCR.

Cheers

Derek

EDIT:Here you go: Brembo's and what wheels fit them-info here - SEAT Cupra.net

Derek. The initial post in that link is for wheels that clear the ibiza 305mm brembos. :) Not sure if skodaguy is getting the same brembos as the Cupra R or not? I assume so. :) I don't fancy trawling that thread to see if there is a list for the 323mm ones too. :o

Derek. The initial post in that link is for wheels that clear the ibiza 305mm brembos. :) Not sure if skodaguy is getting the same brembos as the Cupra R or not? I assume so. :) I don't fancy trawling that thread to see if there is a list for the 323mm ones too. :o

i have the 323 discs with my brembos and all on dereks list fits over them.

IIRC the 305mm and the 323 are both 28mm width and the caliper actual width is the same, its the distance out from the centre and the depth that differs, and unfortunatley you cant get spacers to make your wheels diameter bigger :D

IIRC the 305mm and the 323 are both 28mm width and the caliper actual width is the same, its the distance out from the centre and the depth that differs, and unfortunatley you cant get spacers to make your wheels diameter bigger :D

Fair enough. :D Does that actually mean there are 16" wheels out there that I could run? :)

Fair enough. :D Does that actually mean there are 16" wheels out there that I could run? :)

wouldn't have thought so, the right 16's will just about fit over 300mm brakes on a Focus. but with a little...working...of the caliper you can fit 15's over those same brakes :eek:

anything that ET30 or less should fit over the brakes. but why put brembos on when std 312 octy brakes with super 4.1 and Ferodo DS3000 will eat them for breakfast?

and how exactly can brakes with smaller rotors,less pad area and less pistons be better?

i have the 323mm brembo's on mine with super 5.1 fluid and ds2500 pads and they have never faded, ever, despite me trying to make them fade with high speed(130mph+) stops over and over and also on track.

i don't think thats the case.

neither do I... :)

as for which works better like most things its personal pref.. and of course my octy was best part of 400kg lighter and slick shod rather than your 4x4 est which may have made /does make more/harder use of its brakes...... (and maybe you couldnt live with the piglets trapped in the calipers that come with using DS3000 it does get wearing)

However I am benused as to why a little Fabia would need such an upgrade? without substantial improvements in chassis balance/ power to weight it would never attain enough velocity to need them.

As for SILVER SAUSAGE - when you have done as much brake setup testing on VAG cars as I have you can comment on my budget availability.... my octy was well known for being run on a shoestring:rofl:

oh i bet your car was massively lighter than mine seeing as mine started out about 150Kg or something heavier and then i have added parts where you took everything out of yours :D

My DS2500's squeal a little bit but i had heard that the 3000's were worse:)

and a fabia has a lot of weight to stop don't you know :D