Pinky's leaking windscreen........Part 2

I've sealed the windscreen up using black silicon and i'm still getting water in the passenger side footwell. the foam rubber behing the glove box is still very wet. Are there any heater pipes behind there that could be leaking or any drainage holes that may be blocked??............Please Help :( Thanks

When I had a leak I also first tried silicone without success. Wnet to the glazier's and was told that a new rubber seal is the only safe solution. An old, dried and hard seal is apparently very difficult to save with silicone only.

With a new seal (and plenty of silicone used when mounting) everything has stayed dry as a desert. And considering the summer weather we had last year it's not bad!

Should you have a leaking heating element you would see that coolant level goes down quickly.

When I had a leak I also first tried silicone without success. Wnet to the glazier's and was told that a new rubber seal is the only safe solution. An old, dried and hard seal is apparently very difficult to save with silicone only.

With a new seal (and plenty of silicone used when mounting) everything has stayed dry as a desert. And considering the summer weather we had last year it's not bad!

Should you have a leaking heating element you would see that coolant level goes down quickly.

Are there any drainage holes that may be blocked in that area or do you reckon it's just the windscreen rubber??

Are there any drainage holes that may be blocked in that area or do you reckon it's just the windscreen rubber??

IIRC there are drainage holes in the air intake well or box or what it's called, and maybe water could seep into the car from there, but unless the drainage is blocked I would go for the seal.

Here in Sweden it cost me £40.

• 3 weeks later...

That would sound about right, when Pinky had her seal renewed first, (should be in that mountain of receipts she likely came with ;) ), Guy, my mechanic, pretty much said the same thing. Seal got tough, I guess no different to how wiper blades start to lose their effectiveness over time due to hardening.

Let us know if she get's sorted, still miss the old girl. :)

Might be worth trying captain Tolleys creeping crack cure.....no don't laugh it's for real and it works.

Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure

And they had a Swedish website, too... That sounds amazing, do you mean it really works? Must get a bottle then. Never seen it, seems as it can be found among marine/boating accessories which I normally don't care about.

And they had a Swedish website, too... That sounds amazing, do you mean it really works? Must get a bottle then. Never seen it, seems as it can be found among marine/boating accessories which I normally don't care about.

It won't seal a large gap but for finding and sealing small leaks it is brilliant....used a lot by caravaners