Cruise Control

valheru

This may be a really silly question ...

But how exactly do you operate the Cruise Control on a 06 Superb. I did not receive any manuals with the car, the dealer is still trying to locate them.

I hve tried using the SET/RESET/CANCEL buttons on the steering wheel - but no joy !

When driving along and wanting to use the Cruise Control follow the below instructions:

Flick the switch to SET;

Then press the SET button on the steering wheel to that speed your driving at;

You can accelerate as normal but when you take you foot off the accelerator the speed will go back to that which it was set at;

You can adjust the speed up or down by using the buttons on the steering wheel;

Clicking the switch to CANCEL turns the cruise control off or you can press the brake at any time;

Hope that helps....

Well, I just accelerate to desired speed and then press the minus (-) on my steering wheel, that instantly locks the speed. Then I can accelerate or brake with + and - buttons.

On my '05 PD the upper switch which increases the set speed also operates as a "resume" control.

If you have been running with the cruise control set at a particular speed and it disengages for any reason (such as operating the brake or clutch), pressing "resume" will re-engage the cruise and the vehicle will accelerate to its previously set speed. This is very handy if you need to make a gear change but not a speed change.

The whole thing is much easier to use than to explain. Just play with it but remember that the clutch and brake will disengage the cruise at all times. I leave the cruise control enabled on the switch, but only actually engage it when needed. It works well but doesn't apply the brakes downhill, unlike the later MB systems.

rotodiesel.

Hi - I would guess the problem is that you have not turned the cruise on. On my 55 130PD it is a large slide switch facing you on the left hand stalk - it looks like it is associated with the lights but it turns cruise on and off.

As others have already said, once activated it is easy to get the knack of how set, resume and cancel work !

Good Luck

I have never tried this but often wondered what would happen if you had ist set at 80 mph and then slowed down to a point that you were doing, say, 15 mph in second gear when you hit the resume button. Would the car just continue to accelerate until it hit the rev limiter but still in second gear?

Thing which really got me on the CC its that it is not working if you leave your foot on the clutch. When I drive in the city I leave my left foot just above the clutch (sometimes it's touching, but with no pressure on the clutch) and then it's not working ....

It's so difficult to figure out these things without the owners manual ... hopeful dealer will locate it soon !

Don't hold your breath; the manual is written is pidgin English. It's the sort of thing you would get with a Chinese kettle ten years ago and the results are frequently hilarious and sometimes unintelligible.

thanks for that insight ... but anything would be better than what I have at the moment.

Things like the memory drivers seat, cruise control, radio codes and entering the radio code, where is the fuse box etc are all the sort of question's that I'm sure the owners manual would show ... even if in pigeon english !

Thanks again.

i used to set the cruise in my auto volvo (2.5 20 valve) at 70...slow for round abouts then as i came off them (on dual carriageways!) hit 'resume'...kick down all the way to 70....didn't half give bmw 5 series drivers a nasty shock :rofl:

i have manual box in the superb so it doesn't work as well...lol

I have never tried this but often wondered what would happen if you had ist set at 80 mph and then slowed down to a point that you were doing, say, 15 mph in second gear when you hit the resume button. Would the car just continue to accelerate until it hit the rev limiter but still in second gear?

Yes - but only if you are travelling above the minimum speed for cruise to work, I believe this is 20mph for VAG cars, 30mph on my Honda. May also only work in 4/5/6th gear.

i used to set the cruise in my auto volvo (2.5 20 valve) at 70...slow for round abouts then as i came off them (on dual carriageways!) hit 'resume'...kick down all the way to 70....didn't half give bmw 5 series drivers a nasty shock :rofl:

i have manual box in the superb so it doesn't work as well...lol

NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN !!! ... I'd love to see the look on the drivers faces as you did that !!!

This may be a really silly question ...

But how exactly do you operate the Cruise Control on a 06 Superb. I did not receive any manuals with the car, the dealer is still trying to locate them.

I hve tried using the SET/RESET/CANCEL buttons on the steering wheel - but no joy !

I presume you are setting the selector switch on the front of the left-hand control stalk to the ON position first?

I presume you are setting the selector switch on the front of the left-hand control stalk to the ON position first?

To be honest - No I wasn't ... I had no idea what that switch was for until I got the replies on this forum ...