Just crashed my VRS

Glad no-one was hurt and hope you get it sorted. I'm not sure whether the insurance company will require independent witnesses of the event to avoid bias or whether your g/f and her mother will be accepted.

Chris

as far as I remember, passengers in the car involved are not allowed to be witnesses....

Considering I was quoted 550 to replace the rear bumper from an official Skoda bodyshop when someone drove into the back of me, I'd say the front bumper, crash bar, headlight etc. will easily reach 1k if you were to fix it 'properly'.

Sorry to hear about the crash though, at least no one's hurt - with you, your mother and GF in the car it could have gone a lot worse!

If you drive into another car you are at fault & you cannot use witnesses inside your vehicle as witnesses (especially partners/related).

I would have thought you would lose the full 4 years (might be less but best to think the worst case scenario).

Did you not try to negotiate with the OP i.e. pay them £500 (or whatever to cover their excess + a little extra for them) that way you could drive away and sort ou your car youself and not lose any NCD as worst case scenario it will take you 4 years of higher premiums to recover.

Also you will clearly be aware that accident damage to your car will decrease its value significantly.

hi there mate so sorry about the damage to your pride and joy at least you are ok mate and that is the biggest thing...look around for scrappers mate and ebay for spare parts mate you may get lucky i hope so anyway and yes for sure witnesses or relation/friends are not allowed to give evidence on accidents it needs to be a third party i know this for sure because of my bad accident a year back when the guy ran me off the road and people behind who were his friends said it was my fault the guy later on admitted liability after the police said it was his fault and his friends could not have been correct good luck anyway :)

Welshy...you need to re-word your first comment. It is definately NOT always the case that;

Fair point but in the vast majority of cases your going to be shafted.

If the OP is willing to take cash at the accident site as even if your innocent your premiums rise if you inform the ins comp this way you pay for the damage and let it be, most people are reasonable however if you bump a comp car/hire car/leased car then those individuals cannot be as easy going as in the comp car instance not declaring it could lead to dismissal.

I would have thought you would lose the full 4 years (might be less but best to think the worst case scenario).

You only lose 2 years NCB when you have an accident.

Did you not try to negotiate with the OP i.e. pay them £500 (or whatever to cover their excess + a little extra for them) that way you could drive away and sort ou your car youself and not lose any NCD as worst case scenario it will take you 4 years of higher premiums to recover.

Would you seriously try that? No-one in their right mind would take a settlement like that 'cos then they would have to claim on their insurance, the very thing you are trying to avoid!!

Plus if someone runs into you all you have to do is call helphire (or whoever) and you get a like for like courtesy car delivered to your door with the bill to the other party's insurance. Much less hassle than taking a settlement!

Then there's the point that to get his car fixed properly will more than likely cost in excess of £1000 (I had similar damage to my Golf a few years back and IIRC it was £1300ish).

I'd rather take the hit of my £300 excess then a few years of increased premiums than fork out £500 for someone elses car then god knows what to fix my own!

Sorry for the rant but it just sounds like a rediculous idea, and I'm struggling to find a scenario where it would make more sense than just claiming on your insurance!:confused:

To answer those questions posed, I didn't offer the guy any money at the scene because i) I'm an honest guy and always do things the right way and ii) he didn't understand a bloody word of english anyway, the german tourists were lost (which looks like why they slammed the anchors on).

When I say I was checking my blindspot, I was looking to the left to ensure nobody was going to side-swipe me. I have before on that roundabout had near misses several times by people not seeing cars on the roundabout and pulling out into them (I use that roundabout every day).

I do realise this isn't the way to do things in the book, but I am a very well qualified driver.

Had my licences for over eight years, for car, motorcycle and HGV, all of them which I drive regularly with the army.

I'm sure they wouldnt trust an idiot with 18tonnes of explosives on the back of a DROPS truck.

I called the insurance company tonight, who were blaming me without even hearing what I had to say. It took me 33 minutes to convince them to go to the other parties insurance company to dispute the claim.

And as some people have said they won't use my passengers as witnesses, but I couldnt get any as it's a very busy roundabout where nobody in there right mind would slow down let alone stop (except stupid lost german tourists apparently!!!).

Sorry guys, but this is right getting to me......

Another Q, will Skoda still honour my Warranty if the car is repaired by a national repair centre???

I have heard if you do them up the bum its not rape but sexual assault....

errrrr Not the kind of ramming up the back this threads on about is it.......

If it involves penetration of the penis into either the vagina, anus or (recently ammended) the mouth, without prior consent of the person being penetrated then this is constituted as rape and carries a penalty of up to 25 years imprisonment.

Just thought i'd clear this one up

You only lose 2 years NCB when you have an accident.

Would you seriously try that? No-one in their right mind would take a settlement like that 'cos then they would have to claim on their insurance, the very thing you are trying to avoid!!

Plus if someone runs into you all you have to do is call helphire (or whoever) and you get a like for like courtesy car delivered to your door with the bill to the other party's insurance. Much less hassle than taking a settlement!

Then there's the point that to get his car fixed properly will more than likely cost in excess of £1000 (I had similar damage to my Golf a few years back and IIRC it was £1300ish).

I'd rather take the hit of my £300 excess then a few years of increased premiums than fork out £500 for someone elses car then god knows what to fix my own!

Sorry for the rant but it just sounds like a rediculous idea, and I'm struggling to find a scenario where it would make more sense than just claiming on your insurance!:confused:

I didnt know about the fact if you have a 4 yrs NCD and then you have an accident you only lose 2.

With the other issue I know a few people with very low value cars i.e. £2-3k where they have been bumped now both drivers know that they wouldnt properly repair their cars some may not even touch it given its legal & come MOT passable then just take the cash and that should cover the decrease in the vehicles value.

Clearly if the car has >£xk then you wouldnt do this but there is a residyual value point where you dont.

Another Q, will Skoda still honour my Warranty if the car is repaired by a national repair centre???

Yes, I would think so, as the insurance company will have appointed repairers for the car and it will be backed by a guarantee from them too for the repair work that's done.

If the garage repair is good, I think the dealers have no need to know it's been repaired as any insurance job should reinstate the car to the former conditions: i.e. safety etc.

Ben