Rear wiper stopped working

Hi

I have a two month old Octavia hatchback and the rear wiper stopped working today. The wash fluid comes out but the wiper seems stuck/jammed. Is there a simple solution or is a trip to the dealer required?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Susan,

Have you tried opening and closing the boot lid, I am thinking that the contacts for the wiper may be dirty or have something on one of them. Other than that it may be a case of a fuse going but i do not know if the washer is on the same fuse.

For your reference the rear wiper will not work while the boot is open or ajar. Check this first. After that have a look at the fuse and then off to the dealer i'm afraid.

For your reference the rear wiper will not work while the boot is open or ajar. Check this first. After that have a look at the fuse and then off to the dealer i'm afraid.

the washer would not work either if the boot was open. I suspect it will require a new motor.

Join the every growing club...seems to be one of the popular faults...read my posts of the last few weeks...I've had my car for 3 months & it's spent several days at the dealers, as amongst other things they tried to first fix a leak around the motor & then the motor when it packed in !

Hope you are happier with your car, than I am with mine...might be the shortest ever time I keep one...hope they don't break anything else when you put it in for the motor !

As the others have said...it's under warranty so take it back & ask them to fix it.