Add a autodazzle and lights for mirrors (lot of pics)

Hi all

Long time I wished to add in my mirrors:

- ambient lights

- autodazzle

- lowering with rear gear

For autodazzle (or autodimming, I don`t know how to say right) it is necessary to have interior mirror with autodimming. For lowering - atleast variable resistor in mirror for feedback. I found a complete mirrors from L&K version with all options.

So.

New mirror witout cover. Small socket - for analog signal from interior mirror for auto dimming

4d86574a75321de1cab03ee0190a6a43.jpg

Ambient light (5W)

42570a5a354e7c826c2426e8f35b5623.jpg

Standart mirror without cover

4a10ad606f5606ffab79e64f33548862.jpg

First step is to remove door trim

2659f3c05f16221b514b436d9a1f5de0.jpg

Second - change the mirrors

8d5a296e3ab6ac4b3e79a0a95af63e24.jpg

Wires for autodimming is in A-pillar (red arrow), so we need to make a wires only from mirror to A-pillar inside door. For ambient lights all wiring already done on a factory

c92ff0402dfbf86b85fa3a6c59b37555.jpg

Making a wiring

f5841381eee89b06c1bd23efbeeda585.jpg

...And wiring from variable resistors to door electronic module

cca59042a2c52a5b0502c52a30932494.jpg

Result

0662884fa5df7b4bea153090aa3d2971.jpg

d2bf894b0244ea0fdf68c8b0c335f0c5.jpg

Lowering is not working. I will need seat controlu module or door control module from Golf V. To be continued... ))

Funnily enough I sat in a colleagues L+K last week and commented on the rubber seal around the mirror glass.

Does that suggest he has auto dim mirrors ?

Still amazed at how bad the car looks with a few plastic casing removed... almost makes it look like a write off

Good work though - people without puddle lights will be showing lots of interest..

Yep, the rubber seals on the mirrors are only found on the auto dimming variety, dropped from the >2007 L&K spec :thumbdwn:

Fitting the auto dimming door mirrrors doesn't look like it will be too bad on an L&K :rubchin:

• 1 month later...

If you can share any more speciffic information on the mods, such as:

1. Pins used on the A pillar connectors

2. Should you not connected the A pillar to the door controller, then the door controller to the mirror?

3. Colors of the wires in the A pillar connector

4. How did you dismantle the A pillar connectors

That would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Thanks for the information! I was commenting to my better half the other day that its a shame the Elegance doesn't have dimming wing mirrors as well, anyone know where we might be able to source the parts required for the mirror replacements. I already have the dimming rear view mirror so looks like it should be resonably straight forward :)

• 5 months later...