Drivers window problems

slxtdi

The automatic window drivers side of my Octavia 2004 Ambiente TDI has been making noise since I got it a month ago. On my list to lubricate or whatever. Anyway got a call today from swmbo today;

"Remember that noisy window? Well its stuck near the top after several attempts at closing, sounds really sick."

Sure enough when I got home after my golf game there it was, open. Lowered it again and noisily got it up partially but had to pull it up the final couple of inches.

Having searched this great forum I see that faulty regulators and broken plastic clips are more than likely the cause of electric window problems of this nature. Does this require a new motor/regulator(are they the same?), or can it simply be a case of the glass coming off runners , or a cable problem etc? Can it be fixed?

The automatic window drivers side of my Octavia 2004 Ambiente TDI has been making noise since I got it a month ago. On my list to lubricate or whatever. Anyway got a call today from swmbo today;

"Remember that noisy window? Well its stuck near the top after several attempts at closing, sounds really sick."

Sure enough when I got home after my golf game there it was, open. Lowered it again and noisily got it up partially but had to pull it up the final couple of inches.

Having searched this great forum I see that faulty regulators and broken plastic clips are more than likely the cause of electric window problems of this nature. Does this require a new motor/regulator(are they the same?), or can it simply be a case of the glass coming off runners , or a cable problem etc? Can it be fixed?

I had the same issue a month ago. I found that if I kept my finger on the button to bring the windows down it would keep going and eventually the window would go up, made a bit of a racket doing this though. I thought this was a broken cable, but after taking into my Skoda dealer they said I needed a new regulator. I had it replaced under warranty.

This happened to my drivers side window too.

I purchased the regulator from the dealer £50 ish.

Skoda dont supply the clips .There seem to be differences between theirs and the golf mkIV ones.

It was the cable on mine too.