Timing belt fabia vrs

With my car already in peices i thought it would be a good idea to do the timing belt too.

Ive got so far

crank locking tool

cam locking tool

tensioner spanner

belt

water pump

tensioner

aux belt

Is there anything specifically i need to watch out for when doing it?? I have never done a timing belt on a pd engine before??

Cheers John

give the 6mm allen bolts a tap with a hammer with the allen key in the hole , they should undo a bit easier, don't undo the bigger centre crank bolt

don't put the lower covers back on the wrong way round , bottom one goes on first then the little triangle shaped one above it

loads of screws on the wheel arch liner but not too bad to get off

leave the cam bolts slightly undone when you tension the belt up , when the tension is correct , then tighten the cam bolts , rotate the engine by hand 2 revolutions then refit locking tools , then check the timing is correct and the tensioner is set correctly

...... replace the top engine mounting stretch bolts with new ones and make sure you have some G12 antifreeze ready to replace what's lost when doing the pump.

Can I beg here? Please, please do take some pics and post up a DIY so that we can learn about it??

If it's too much trouble, np (I know - not always easy to find a GF/wife/mate or combination thereof available at odd hours)...

Thanks

Bas

Oh and if I can be naughty - Allards sent me an email about a month ago saying that they should shortly have uprated cams in stock - no core required and cheaper than in the past...

hint, hint?

LOL

Bas

Can I beg here? Please, please do take some pics and post up a DIY so that we can learn about it??

If it's too much trouble, np (I know - not always easy to find a GF/wife/mate or combination thereof available at odd hours)...

Thanks

Bas

Will do basil, If your thinking about doing yours, your welcome to borrow the tools when ive done with them.

Pm me mate about the hint ;)

cheers john

Also is it neccessary to change the belt roller?? I already have the tensioner, just thought it would be a good idea to change that too?

Cheers John

I did ! :D

This is what the timing belt kit consists of (ignore the crappy tools in the picture), I changed all this plus waterpump & stretch bolts.

Good luck ! :thumbup:

EDIT: If you haven't bought the parts yet, I got mine from THIS guy on ebay who is very reasonable & as he runs a VAG dealership supplies genuine VAG parts ! You need a kit for ASZ code engine for the VRS.

I did ! :D

This is what the timing belt kit consists of (ignore the crappy tools in the picture), I changed all this plus waterpump & stretch bolts.

Good luck ! :thumbup:

EDIT: If you haven't bought the parts yet, I got mine from THIS guy on ebay who is very reasonable & as he runs a VAG dealership supplies genuine VAG parts ! You need a kit for ASZ code engine for the VRS.

Thanks, I already have the parts and tools, just need some stretch bolts for the engine mount and this roller now.

cheers :thumbup: