Mapping Software??

andy0406

Hi.

Does anybody on here have the tuning software suitable for the Fabia VRS.

I have access to the equipment to change the settings but struggling to find the relevant software.

It would be very much appreciated if somebody could send me a copy for the right price or point me in the right direction as to where to get my hands on the tuning software.

I have also read in a few forums that there are two different types of software could anybody also advice on which they think is the best to use for performace up-grades.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Andy

If you try the search you will see that all is not rosy in the world of DIY remaps. If you can afford a replacement ECU then give it a go, if not then leave it to the pro's.

mmmm indeed !

Leave well alone would be my advice and im not so sure that this is the right thing to be asking here either

For what the software is going to cost you even if you do manage to find someone who has it you could

spend on getting one of the many good mappers to do it for you

Bit confused here. What hardware do you have? also what software do you require? Is it the maps, or the software for your mapping tool to help you communicate with the ecu?

the software to map ecu's costs somewhere in the region of £50k for the basic kit.

Also with the equipment to read ecu's - if its a KWP2000 from ebay, you will be fortunate not to kill your ecu.

You also need various datalogging kit.

If you have a proper piece of equipment, this is often Locked to file supplier. This means all files downloaded from the ECU become coded, and cannot be opened by anyone other than your "host".

also, unless you've mapped a car before successfully, i wouldnt recommend it.

For the price of having your car mapped by a company who sell properly tuned files, its not worth it.

The hardware (ODBC type cable) and the software to identify and reprogramme the flash chips is cheap as chips.

What costs lots is the knowledge of which parts of a flash chip to not reprogramme when mapping, the maps themselves which will have cost a fair amount of time and research to fine tune and the knowledge on how to get the best out of a given car without going too far.

If you wanted to get started, you would buy an ECU from a breakers for a car you wanted to start on, apply 12V to it through the correct power systems and then have a play remapping and watching it reboot then reading the codes if any it generates.

the software to map ecu's costs somewhere in the region of £50k for the basic kit.

Also with the equipment to read ecu's - if its a KWP2000 from ebay, you will be fortunate not to kill your ecu.

You also need various datalogging kit.

If you have a proper piece of equipment, this is often Locked to file supplier. This means all files downloaded from the ECU become coded, and cannot be opened by anyone other than your "host".

also, unless you've mapped a car before successfully, i wouldnt recommend it.

For the price of having your car mapped by a company who sell properly tuned files, its not worth it.

Didn't you start mapping cars recently ;)

Didn't you start mapping cars recently ;)

nope - I buy my files from my supplier ;)

And even if i did - I wouldnt use one of the cheapy cheap KWP2000 Flasher's off eBay. These are clones of an expensive piece of equipment and are known fo break ecu's.

nope - I buy my files from my supplier ;)

And even if i did - I wouldnt use one of the cheapy cheap KWP2000 Flasher's off eBay. These are clones of an expensive piece of equipment and are known fo break ecu's.

Well I just bought a flash reader/writer for work for a lot less than 50k a few weeks back and it wasn't from ebay.

You might buy your MAP's from a major supplier, which means you are utilising their experience, but you still started programming the maps onto ECU's fairly recently as I remember a thread where you were asking about it.

Hi,

I remember n advert on ebay for remapping courses I think it was chippeduk at bromsgrove

Cheers

Hi.

Does anybody on here have the tuning software suitable for the Fabia VRS.

I have access to the equipment to change the settings but struggling to find the relevant software.

It would be very much appreciated if somebody could send me a copy for the right price or point me in the right direction as to where to get my hands on the tuning software.

I have also read in a few forums that there are two different types of software could anybody also advice on which they think is the best to use for performace up-grades.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Andy