Vrs leather in a 51 plate octavia tdi air bag problems

Hello i have just bought a vrs leather interior for my skoda octavia 51 plate tdi. On my old seats i had a cable coming out of the seat to the car for the airbag but on the new seats there is no wire for this and there is three cables going to the plugs so i cant blank off the wires i was wondering whether anyone could please help me as the airbag light is driving me nuts at night time. thanks hope to see a reply soon.

I'm assuming you have bought some seats without side aribags to replace the seats that did have airbags and you are not confusing yourself with the seatbelt tensioners.

If it is Airbags then you can take the car to a dealer and have the side airbags 'coded out'.

• 3 months later...

:eek::eek::eek::eek: £50 ????

That's not far off what I paid for the seats!!

Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what VAG-COM is apart from it is a diagnostic tool for VW,Seat, Skoda etc etc... Would someone with VAGCOM be able to reset it for me cheaper??

Anyone in Herts area if so ??

Thanks

:cool:

So I looked into this a little more, and there's two possible outcomes..

I called my local dealers (Palmers Watford) and they say it can be done so that the seat airbags can be cancelled out.. They aren't too sure, but will give it a go for me. Not too sure of cost, but cant see it being too much.

OR

I enquired with a website I googled, and they reccomended this for £15 :

Capital Seating and Vision > Seating, Vision and Accessories for Hardworking Environments

What do you guys reckon ??

At £38.41 for a pair (including VAT & delivery) its an expensive way of doing it, but should work.

I would of thought someone local to you would code it out with VAG-COM for half that.

I was under the impression that maybe the one kit would have enough parts for both seats, if you look at the pic in the advert, it appears to have duplicate of most parts.

Also, Lummox posted above me saying that although it can be done via VAGCOM, the person would need to know the 'necessary' codes to blank the airbags out...

Of course if there is someone local to me (Borehamwood, Herts) who knows how to do it and wants to help a fellow Briskodian out ;) . . .

It can be done by coding out the airbag controller however these codes should not be on general release. When it is done by Skoda they log the details with SUK and place a sticker in the car.