VAG options??

Darren260403

Hello people, i wondered if anyone could tell me or list some useful options that vag re-programming can fix/change that may be of use or better than the factory settings? Have decided to have both rear fog lights activated instead of just the factory standard one! Just wondered what any of you guys/gals have had done or changed?

Kindest regards.....

Thanks for the link, have printed it out for reference!

What does the throttle body resetting do? Also what will re programming locking options & anti hi jacking do if i set it? Thanks as always!

Right, i've had the diagnostic check done (a few minor fault codes that have been deleted) & have had the anti hijack function activated but still couldn't get the rear nearside foglight to work? My friend who did the VAG diagnostic check (Voodoo Motorsport) couldn't understand why it wasn't working as it said on the computer screen that it was an active function?

He also couldn't understand (after lookingat/checking bulbs) why double filament bulbs were only lighting up the smaller filament & when the offside foglight was turned on would just make the smaller filament glow brighter instead of making the larger filament come on? Is this normal? He confessed to be used to working on VW's & Audi's predominantly but couldn't understand why it didn't work & the way the bulbs seem to work?

IS THIS NORMAL???? Please help! Many thanks....:confused:

Check your wiring! If your Octy's the same as the Fabia you'll find there's a terminal empty on the N/S plug. The O/S plug will be fully populated

HTH

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply! We checked the terminals & wires into both light units & there were the same amount of connections on each! That's the baffling thing? The computer showed up as if the rear fog light had been activated after putting in the code etc but the fog light did not come on! I was really wondering if the bulbs were supposed to work in this way? In all of my previous cars double filament bulbs were only used when the larger of the two filaments were needed as a break light or fog light etc? It's really strange & yet no fault codes came up on the VAG Diagnostics to indicate any problem?

Am truly puzzled & hope there is someone out there that can at least confirm that this is normal as i've never seen double filament bulbs work in this way?

Regards...... :confused:

Thanks VRStu, i'll have to pop over to my friends place again to check that out! Am still puzzled by how the bulbs work though? Can you or anyone else confirm that these double filament bulbs are designed to work that way in the Octavia? Thanks...:thumbup: