Fabia Open Mouth, Should I??

TBH that metal bar looks highly insufficient!

Wouldnt like to have a shunt in it

Good job it's my car and not yours then.

The bar is stronger then the original crash bar. The welds alone are stronger then the original crash bar.

Oh, and I think you mean NM, not Lbs Ft in your sig ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dissagree, the intercooler if completly blocked from direct flow by the number plate holder.

I think it makes a big difference.

Thats fine, but I have had it before, and stated it before, personally felt no difference and temp measurements on a RR with bumper (Not modified)on and bumper off showed a difference of 1-2oC, hardly artic.

Hence why I changed back to original bumper as have others. Not being deflamatory to anybody in here and please dont take it the wrong way but its a cheap modification, and now the price of the fabia is akin to that of the fiestas and the corsas of this world this will be the asbo badge of honour soon.

And, not being argumentitive, why ask the question in the first place when you have clearly made up your mind?

Thats fine, but I have had it before, and stated it before, personally felt no difference and temp measurements on a RR with bumper (Not modified)on and bumper off showed a difference of 1-2oC, hardly artic.

Hence why I changed back to original bumper as have others. Not being deflamatory to anybody in here and please dont take it the wrong way but its a cheap modification, and now the price of the fabia is akin to that of the fiestas and the corsas of this world this will be the asbo badge of honour soon.

And, not being argumentitive, why ask the question in the first place when you have clearly made up your mind?

Thats the reason i asked the question though, I like the idea of more air to the cooler, but unsure of the look.

I am still unsure even now, but will have a go at it and if i dont like it, ill have to buy a new bumper. :thumbup:

I think it's the removal of the crash bar that aids flow the most, which is normally situated behind the numberplate. The temps shown on the RR when mine was being mapped were getting high before this was all removed. They do not get anywhere near as high now. :)

I think it's the removal of the crash bar that aids flow the most, which is normally situated behind the numberplate. The temps shown on the RR when mine was being mapped were getting high before this was all removed. They do not get anywhere near as high now. :)

Could be right Dave, crashbar was never changed on mine so therin lies a difference.

If its a big concern about intake temps in the UK a nitrous halo works very well, It interfered slightly with my crashbar but would probably fit yours nicely with the changed bar.

I think it looks better on a black car as you can't notice the gaping hole so much. Dave, your car looks well better in black in the p/shop!! lol! You should get a respray! :rofl: The lamp pod looks nice black :)

Not sure if this person is on here?

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

It is a bit hard to photo dark cars in that car park. Thats the best 2 pics of it but if you rake through my bucket there is more of it lined up with a few other fabias.

LINK TO MY BUCKET

I really like the look of that.

Must be from around here aswell, it being an Urban Meet and all.

Edinburgh one?

I think i may go for the openmouth mod.

Dont have a FMIC yet, but it'll be getting done at some point.

Gives it alot more agressive look from the front, more on black cars though.

Does the grill at the bottom and the numberplate bit come out from the back of the bumper, or do you have to go about cutting it???

Cheers.

Anyone no who owns That mental looing black vrs on the previous page i would be very keen on buying it

cheers

regards

shaun

ps i have a standar vrs bumper for sale that needs a little tlc i would except £50

i like the open mouth look as it does make the car look more aggressive, is there any real value in doing so i would not know to be honest.

will stand out more to the local plod and CH@V patrol though so bear that in mind too.

its your car so whateva you wanna do is good as long as you like it!

As said there is little point in opening the bumper up and not removing/moving the 'crash bar'.

As for not being safe without it, its not much more than a carrier for the bumper anyhow, no real structure to it.

No Disrespect ross, but its not there and designed in such a fashion for no reason, whether it can take a huge load or not maybe isnt key but it will certainly dissipate energy during a crash and I wouldnt be comfortable either altering it or removing it, and as mentioned I'm sure the insurance assesor in the event of an accident wouldnt be either

I cut a bit out of bar, so only a small proportion of mine is actually behind the crash bar metalwork. As my crash bar actually supports my FMIC I cannot remove it entirely.

Better slap a pic in to illustrate. :)

DSCN1916.jpg