The movie... will it work????

Neo_VR

Yeah, I think it will, especially since they announced that despite being funded by American money that they are going to use the British cast. I'm also hoping that with Doug Naylor at the helm, that it won't turn into a US sentiment / action / effects film, and that it stays focused on what was good about Red Dwarf, i.e. the characters and the comedy.

www.reddwarf.co.uk has some info on it, including :

Red Dwarf - The Movie may be shot in Australia. Preliminary design work is currently underway. Pre-production proper will begin in mid-July, and shooting is slated for January 2005.

Can I just say at this point though mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chloe Annett...

Chaos

1574.attach

Sadly.. I think not....

We've been without the series' for too long, and it can't live up to the hype.

I wish they had continued their efforts in another series... it's taking too long.

I agree' date=' nostalgia or not the earlier series were better.

I can't help but think the movie will be a letdown :([/quote']

Just like everything these days.... except for shrek 2 which is class :rofl:

The movie is already over a year behind schedule and is totally seperate from the series. I hope they make at least a series 9 just to tie up the loose ends from series 8.

Agree with Ian - they're going to have to do something pretty special as it's been obvious they're running out of good plots and ideas in the last few series. Hopefully it won't just be an excuse to roll together all the old jokes from the TV shows and they'll come up with some fresh stuff :D

Chris

Red Dwarf? Red Bloody Dwarf???

I get enough of this from the NotBBC crowd. Find Jon's excellent Ganymede and Titan website. Can't be arsed to find the link right now...