Fabia 1.9TD PD Tick over RPM

Just joined the forum. I have 2006 Fabia 1.9TD PD.

Could some kind person let me know at what engine speed my car should tick over.

It seems mighty fast, almost dangerously so as I can take my foot of the break at 30mph and it will accelerate without any throttle.

Thanks

Just joined the forum. I have 2006 Fabia 1.9TD PD.

Could some kind person let me know at what engine speed my car should tick over.

900-950 rpm

It seems mighty fast, almost dangerously so as I can take my foot of the break at 30mph and it will accelerate without any throttle.

Thanks

this is quite normal , depending on what gear you are in , the faster it will go

i agre my 05 1.9 ticks at about 900 sounds nice as for pulling away with foot off brake mine will do it in 2nd lol bit hairy when in tight traffic lol have to keep her under control...i jsut like the fact ive found in second doing cralling speeds its almost impossible o stall it so thats nice

Thanks Taxi 219 and VR Spirit.

Mine ticks over at just over 1000rpm so it is a bit high.

Will take the cover of the engine and see if it is just a matter of adjusting a throttle stop but think it may be computer controlled so may have to live with it for now.

Just bought a 56 Fabia 1.9 TDI PD 100 Elegance Estate yesterday. This car has the same problem. Ticked over at about 1100 rpm. when warm and takes off in 2nd. with no throttle. Talked to salesman who said they had one in recently with sticky throttle. Said to keep an eye on it and keep them informed.

Thanks Taxi 219 and VR Spirit.

Mine ticks over at just over 1000rpm so it is a bit high.

Will take the cover of the engine and see if it is just a matter of adjusting a throttle stop but think it may be computer controlled so may have to live with it for now.

no adjustment available , it is all done by electronics, you might be able to slow it down with the correct diagnostic equipment

the rev counter might be showing 1100rpm but the engine may not be doing that rpm , don't take the rev counter reading as gospel

Have now discovered after wife had hairy moment that if I pulled up throttle pedal with toe, tick over returns to 800-900 rpm. Spoke to dealer who agreed to have it checked out.

Might be a dodgy pedal - Maybe just a sticking thing, but if it's the potentiometer inside the pedal which is dodgy then it will be a new complete unit. It's a drive by wire system so there is no throttle cable - all done through electronics. :)

Have now had car checked by dealer. Pedal pronounced faulty but if you want the "good" news they tried to order the part and Skoda UK say there are none in the country and could not even give a delivery date. Seems the new Fabias use the same pedal unit and they are in short supply. Hope this is not the shape of things to come!