New fuel pump

Richierich32

Was after some advice.

I Currently have the stage I map on my car (with performance panel filter) and have just ordered an uprated pump from JKM.

I have been reading the performance gains available with the new pump fitted (not using Steve car as an example as it has ALL bells n whistles!) and wanted to know how I can best take advantage of the extra fueling which will be available to the engine.

The obvious choice would be to go stage II but I dont want to go to the time or expense of having a perforamce exhaust fitted. As my understanding from Ben is that you need the turbo back kit with the sports cat which is alot of pennies!

Can my map be tweaked to take account for the new pump or would stage II be an option?

Any advice is muchos appreciated! :thumbup:

The next step i would say is get yourself an Evoms air intake gains of upto 15bhp have been known ;).But i think your talking maybe £200 for the evoms but there maybe other cai out there with the same figures.Then stage 2 is a go.

The pump will improve stage 1 software alone. Using the Select Plus you can also set things up slightly differently.

You don't have to spend more money if you don't want to.

Are you planning to DIY the pump?

i would imagine someone like revo who do custom remaps would be able to map to take advantage of the new pump if you really dont want to go any further but as said consider atleast a good CAI before the remap to get the best bang for buck otherwise youll have to get the map done again to get the full advantage.

however i am in know way an informed person on this matter.

There is already a fuel pump programme for REVO however as I said even with Stage 1 software and without a CAI you will notice a difference - Trust me.

Without wishing to sound rude that was my concern - A lot can go wrong with that little fella if you aren't too sure of what you are doing.

Might be an idea to ask the guys at Sportstech to do it for me!

So the difference that noticable even on stage I ?

Rich

Might be an idea to ask the guys at Sportstech to do it for me!

So the difference that noticable even on stage I ?

Rich

I'm guessing yes. Have a look through the RR gallery on JKMs site. :)

The difference is noticable on both Stage I and Stage II and you should feel it :) As Stu says, there is some adjustability via the Select Plus Switch and upping the boost should make the best of things :thumbup:

As far as I know the only specific software for the fuel pump will be available on Stage II+ which will be released shortly.

Enjoy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest - I'm still running on my Carbonio Filter without the intake... as it cracked! :P

If I switched back to standard air filter do you think I'd have to have the car tweaked again by Revo?

Uprated fuel pump may be planned... :rolleyes::o

Just out of interest - I'm still running on my Carbonio Filter without the intake... as it cracked! :P

If I switched back to standard air filter do you think I'd have to have the car tweaked again by Revo?

In a word - no............................... you worry too much! ;)