VRS SE - Leather seat wear?

Evening folks.

I've just gone past 20k miles on my VRS Se, and I have just noticed that the drivers leather seat seems to be wearing rather quickly. On the seat base, there are raised parts on the left and right. On the right hand side one of these, there feels like a metal bar of some sort almost coming through the leather.

It is almost as if the padding that should be there (under the leather, is not, and the metal bit is starting to poke through. So far, it has just made the leather go shiny and a smooth, but it feels like it is going to rip sooner or later. It is only on the drivers side that this has happened, and the left hand side of that seat is fine (as is the passenger seat).

I was just wondering if anyone else with the leather seats fitted has experienced this at all, before I take a trip to the dealers for their opinion?

Cheers

Andy

I took mine back under warranty when it was like that and had the seat base foam replaced FOC. That was at 15000 miles and the car has around 100k on it now and it has not happened again.

i test drove one that had a broken side bolster and it sounds like what you have described.......maby wrong though !

Oh bummer :thumbdwn:

Will have to get fixed before a trip to seat surgeons, and i have the heated seat's, these fabia's are muck!

I took mine back under warranty when it was like that and had the seat base foam replaced FOC. That was at 15000 miles and the car has around 100k on it now and it has not happened again.

Any idea how much out of warranty?

Hi Andy

My SE has just passed 20K also but I have to say the leather is wearing rather well. The leather is shiny but not wearing away. However, I also have the metal bit that sticks out. As others have said I think the seats are not well designed.

Be interested to hear what the dealer has to say.

Mark