Yet another newbie:)

Roomsterboy

Hello all!

While searching for information on Skodaforum.nl, I accidently ran across a link to this forum. Took some looks around and noticed that this is an international, knowledgeable and -most important- friendly and humoristic lot...sounds like fun...;)

Short introduction; my name is Robert. I drive -surprise, surprise- a Skoda Roomster. To be more specific a Roomster Sport 1.9 TDI in Flamencored.

Some minor things have been changed since I bought it.

-steel wheels instead of alloy; didn't like them

-door lock removed. Opening doors can be done by remote only.

-Milotec bumper plate (rear)

-Chiptuning. Went from 105hp to 136hp. Torque increased from

240nm to 310 nm.

-I'm experimenting a bit with acetone at the moment...

Next thing is going to be a replacement of the pathetic, puny, girlishly little beeper normally known as 'horn' by something that will make some noise. Since I'm a total nitwit as far as this is concerned, it's going to take some serious reading before I attempt anything like this, but since the dealer offered to replace the horn for a measly € 120 -material only-:finger:, I'm determined to do it myself.

I think I'm going to enjoy my stay here. Also nice to be able to write in English again:thumbup:

but since the dealer offered to replace the horn for a measly € 120

I'd have ripped his hand off... literally and beat him with it... how dare they charge that much. A decent air horn (from halfrauds) is only about £36.

Are dealers just out to take us for everything they can?

WELCOME TO BRISKODA.

Dave.

I think they are Dave;). Guys. Many thanks for the warm welcome!

In answer to your questions here; I'm already browsing around for a 'how to' or something like that and yes, Skoda put the Roomster 'horn' indeed in a enclose space between wing and front bumper. Even from the bottom it's hard to reach since there's a protective plate over there as well..:eek:. But I can rip the plate beside the fog lamp off, so I might be able to work from there.

Cheers:)

I thought as much. In that case, don't bother buying a new horn until you've tried re-locating the standard one someplace sensible, like behind the grille. You'll be surprised just how much difference that makes I think.