Removal of rear window winders. How?

Hi Folks,

I have a problem, where over long journeys the rear windows seem to work there way a little down only talking 2-3mm, but enough to get wind noise and let in a little water.

So I am thinking of relocation the window winder handle, so that when the window is full up the handle is hanging exactly down, as opposed to the side as it does now.

So need to know how do I remove the handles, to re locate???

Cheers

Kiwi

Between the winder handle and the door-card, there is a plastic collar. You will need to twist this (anti-clockwise IIRC), slide the collar out to one side parallel to the door-card and the winder handle then pulls off the splined shaft.

I'm not sure you need to twist it - just push it in the opposite direction from the handle (so if the handle's hanging down, push it up.) If you can't do it with your fingers, there is a little slot on the back of the handle which will allow you to do it with a long, narrow screwdriver.

HTH :thumbup: