Car pulling to the left

Right oh guys got an annoying problem here, just fitted 2 new tires on the front so got the car tracked at the same time as i have just had it lowered and new uprated cupra bushes on,

The car has always veered ever so slightly to the left since i have owned it so i assumed tracking it after all the work had been done would remedy the problem

On my car i have the Eibachs fitted and new cupra bushes, also a seat sport strut brace. The car has also had an uprated clutch and fly so most of the front suspension, driveshafts, front crossmember etc has been taken out and refitted.

At the tyre place they also checked my camber (after lowering) and it was at the amber to green status, green is okay and red is bad, :thumbdwn:

And they then tracked the car and aligned the steering wheel etc, they also checked all tire pressures.

So took the car away and it was pulling to the left dramatically, the steering wheel is stragiht and if i hold it striaght the car is fine :confused: but as soon as i let go it veers to the left.

So i took it back to the exhaust place and they re-checked it and it was spot on, the guy said the machine had been calibrated 2 weeks before so it wasn't at fault and he had no other cars complain. And as he was busy told me to bring it back next week.

So does anybody have any idea what could be up? should i take it to another garage to check it and could any of the work done to my car have knocked something off track?

Any ideas and advice would be much apprecieted

Thanks again,

Jason:thumbup:

I vaguely remember bas said this had something to do with the wotsits on the rear wheels.....

Terrible description but I also remember he sorted it with shims!!

I did read through Bas write up about that a while ago but surely that was a slight pull to the left? At the minute mines pulls to the left unbelievably as if your going round a bloody corner...

The guy at the tire place said he could over correct it but he didnt want to do that as it was tracked perfectly according to him?

Did the road have a particular excessive camber or was it pretty flat as this can have a significant effect, obviously to the left?

If it everything has been double/triple checked then keep an eye out for uneven tyre wear and feathering, as since you've done the bushes the tyres should wear evenly.

Nope, ive been onto the other side of the road many times etc and it still pulls to the left, was also on the motorway and it drifts from the 3rd lane to the first lane as soon as you let go of the steering wheel, something is definately a miss.

I have been driving for nearly 3 years (short time) but done many miles usaully 20k + a year and drove many cars. Something isn't right.

I think from here the most sensible option would be to get a second opinion? then i know for sure that there is something wrong

I'm almost sure that this has been covered on here somewhere. Mine has pulled to the left from new, and despite a couple of 4 wheel laser alignments, all new suspension, bushes (not to cure, just mods as i go along) it still pulls to the left. Bas says, and I have no reason to doubt it, that the rear axle settings cause this, and a sure way of curing it is to pop in some shims as described in his how to.

It does however drive perfectly straight in Europe. I drove a DAF truck that also did this, with no excess tyre wear or anything. It's an odd one for sure.