1.4 16valve Oil light & Noise????

Hello to you all, a great forum this,

i hope someone can help with a Fabia 16valve 1.4 problem?

The car has fresh oil and filter, the level is correct as is the grade.

From cold the oil light will more often than not illuminate, accompanied by a shrill warning sound, this light and warning sound often come on from time to time when you drive, sometimes not.

Sometimes there is loud top end noise from cold, as though the lifters have not pressurised but sometimes the sound takes a fewe minutes to occur.

When the oil is warm the noise invariably goes away but the warning light and noise may re-occur.

Has anyone experienced this and can they shed light on the possible causes, i'm considering sludge in the oil ways and stainer?

Is an engine flush a good idea? If so, which product?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Dan

Did you use a genuine oil filter when you changed the oil?

Not all after market ones have a non return valve in them meaning that oil will drain down to the sump when the engine is not running meaning that the top end can be starved of oil for a while when restarted.

Thanks for your replies,

to update you, the engine popped last night!

Strangely the oil light had only come on only once in the last two days of fairly continuous, stop/ start driving, however i was driving along last night at about 50mph when, what sounded like a ring let go! Lots of noise and smoke and rough running and it siezed up pretty quick too!

A new bottom end i think...........does anyone have one or know of where i might start looking?

Also, are there any specific problems to look out for when rebuilding these?

Many thanks