Diesel vRS Cold Start problems

Hi all

Looking at a mark II 07 Diesel English Reg vRS fitted with DPF, 19K on the clock. All looks good with it except for 1 niggle. When cold starting it can take 2-3 attempts to start. Starts perfectly when warm. Runs smoothly and no smoke out the back. Battery tested ok and no warning lights showing.

It has been sitting in the dealers yard for about a month now. Is it likely to be a problem or am i just paranoid? :D

Might well be you are just getting jittery.

When being started from cold is it being remembered that the glow plugs need to warm up the engine first, before you turn the engine over? It takes 10 sec or so for them to warm up when cold.

On Really cold mornings mine will take a couple of goes to fire up. It'll kick but doesn't catch on first try. But I don't have to crank it over for long. So probably nothing to worry about.:thumbup:

Could be cold Diesel

We are having similar issues with a lot of the Diesel Burners on our customers sites at work recently... That's been down to the abnormally cold weather. And most of that equipment is indoors.

Could be cold Diesel

We are having similar issues with a lot of the Diesel Burners on our customers sites at work recently... That's been down to the abnormally cold weather. And most of that equipment is indoors.

More than likely it is the cold weather alright .....that and me been a bit jittery :rofl:

Just a few more days to go now :)