Alarm driving me to distraction

Hi can someone please help me, before I have to be sectioned.

I bought my used fabia all of last saturday and since then have been experiencing alarm issues - it keeps going off. At first I wasnt even aware it was mine as didnt know it had one. However, I have been off work today and left the keys easily accessible in the event the phantom alarm went off I could then run out to the car and turn it off. Well sure enough after the thrid time today, I realised it was mine. :mad:

I have tried to deactivate the safe lock to turn off the alarm however it doesnt seem to work by either the key fob or the key in the door approach, in fact the only way i could get it to work was to be in the car and lock the car from the inside - this of course meant i couldnt go back in - so was, well pointless!

Next I tried to remove the fuse. Helpfully, the manual gives me a number for the alarm - number 60 apparently, however when I finally got into the fuse area (which the manual told me was on the left of the dash, but was in fact on the right) of course none of the fuses are numbered in that sense they merely show the ampage...short of removing all fuses with 15 on them one by one I am at a complete loss as to what to do...

Please, can anyone help me?

What age is your Fabia, mushyspud?

The alarm on my 06 Fabia goes off sometimes when another car gets very close to it in the car park at work or drives past when I'm parked on the road. Never had that problem with the 03 Fabia I had previously (it did have an alarm and it did work before you ask). Does anyone else have the same trouble? Think I'm going to have to take it in now anyway.

Ian

Edit: Apparently yes. Note to self. UTFSF.

http://briskoda.net/forums/fabia/need-help-alarm-keep-goin-off-randomly/105881/?highlight=alarm

Thanks for your replies guys.

Ian

Mine's a 2000 model. I do have a rear wash wipe problem too which I noted from other threads can be linked. But as the garage i bought it from is over an hours drive away i think i need a temp fix asap! Poor neighbours - i had to turn it off at 430 this morning and was only the one i actually heard and yesterday it went off randomly 3 times.

the car is parked on my drive at the moment and it is here i have noticed the problem. the work car park is away from the building so i wouldnt notice there.

i have taken desperate measures now and left the drivers door unlocked, but put my handbrake/gear stick lock on. we shall see if this cures it!

It may be an hour away but if it's causing a problem for you and your neighbours then surely it's worth it.

Fault:

Spontaneous alarm activation when temperature is under 0°C; in the convenience system control unit (address 46) table of measured values – 15, the alarm source is given - 128 – Interior monitoring.

Solution manufacturer:

From Chassis No. TMBHS26Y964611779, a new modified sensor has been fitted.

Solution workshop:

Replacement of the interior monitoring sensor. The Part No. 6Y0 959 121 has not been changed. In the spare parts stock, only modified parts are available.

• 2 months later...
It may be an hour away but if it's causing a problem for you and your neighbours then surely it's worth it.

Mini update! - I pulled the fuse, which hushed the immediate problem! :P I then took it back to the garage i bought it from who replaced the alarm. However about 24 hours after I returned home - it went off again! i so, it now sits with the fuse pulled out "indefinitely" :(