Electrical Woes - Drivers Door

Hi,

I have had a problem for a few weeks now with my '01 Octavia vRS and just can't seem to get to the bottom of it. I know they are related but was hoping that someone could help out.

They are all related to the drivers door.

Courtesy light doesn't come on when open (all other doors are fine)

Light in door panel doesn't come on

Light on dash doesn't come on to say door is open

Headligh Buzzer doesn't go off when lights are on

I am almost adamant (not the pop star) that its the faulty switch, yet I can't find it, what am I missing??

Can someone point out the obvious for me as I am at a loss.

Thanks

Olly

I have had the same problem with an 05 vrs, i'm told that there is a control unit for all that stuff, maybe someone could confirm that, I changed the wiring loom in the door but that didn't work - that was what skoda recomended

I'll watch with interest

remove of lock from the door, and then you can gain access to the microswitch. I am sure there is an article on TDIclub.com (or something like that) about it all.

hello,

im going through something similar with my 54 vrs at the mo. the central locking not working from the fob on drivers door. they have changed the door motor, window mechanism and variuos corroded sections of wire in the loom. it is currently in getting the control unit changed as this is the only option left to fix it. from my (limited) expereince find a garage willing to check the wiring loom (time consuming but cheaper) rather than just change it (as skoda offered to do which is expensive). if not this then could be the control unit. this is just my expereice though and may not apply to yours (i know stuff all about electrics...)

good luck

I've got the same problem as 1st post. If I open the door nothing happens - no indication on dash, no courtesy light and no lights on buzzer (didn't even know they had one!!!).

I have found that if I leave the door closed on the 1st latch (you know, ajar but on the catch) then I get the dash indication and light so I'm certain that its the micro switch on mine.

Try your door, it might be the same?

I have trouble with the passenger door, I know the switch is in the door lock, can you let me know how easy it is to remove the lock from the door. This is a nightmare on most cars.

Why could they not just put an odinary push switch in the door like other makes?

you will fnd that the switch on th door

lock has worn down and is not touching the lock mechanism make a little wedge to go between switch and holder this will throw it over a bit and make it work or just change switch you can get them for maplins hope this helps