Rear Door Locking Sometimes?

Hello all

I've got a 1999 Octivia 1.9 TDi (90bhp) GLx Estate.. and the rear (drivers side) door not locking is doing my head in

About a year ago someone who I used to work with managed (not quite sure how, but they have VAGcom) to activate drive away locking.. so all worked great, once over 20kph all the doors lock..

the problem is now that the rear (drivers side) doesn't seem to want to stay locked.. it locks (along with all the other doors) and unlocks itself straight away.. normally it doesn't bother me, but have recently started driving more stop start routes, and every time i hit 20kph lock/unlock from the door...

However if I lock the car on the key or remote, the door always locks with no problems.

Thanks all

Dave

Hello all

I've got a 1999 Octivia 1.9 TDi (90bhp) GLx Estate.. and the rear (drivers side) door not locking is doing my head in

About a year ago someone who I used to work with managed (not quite sure how, but they have VAGcom) to activate drive away locking.. so all worked great, once over 20kph all the doors lock..

the problem is now that the rear (drivers side) doesn't seem to want to stay locked.. it locks (along with all the other doors) and unlocks itself straight away.. normally it doesn't bother me, but have recently started driving more stop start routes, and every time i hit 20kph lock/unlock from the door...

However if I lock the car on the key or remote, the door always locks with no problems.

Thanks all

Dave

Argh .. !! Mine has the exact same problem, except the autolock isnt on so it doesnt keep locking/unlocking

Central locking .. all doors lock .. rear drivers door unlocks.

Locks off the key with central locking (deadlock) I think its a sensor issue :(

I suspect if it is a microswitch issue then I believe the cure is to take the lock unit out, and apart and then ensure there are no dry joints. I imagine when the door locks, the necessary microswitch for sending the lock signal does not work and therefore the door unlocks again ?

I think this has been covered on tdiclub.com

Try:

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!! - TDIClub Forums

and for a nice picture:

electrical haywire - TDIClub Forums