First Service - rempped car

hello,

my car had it's first service today (2.0 tfsi vrs), allong with a removal towball fitted.

got a few questions,

1, can the dealers do anything to the car towards the remap as on way home the car would normally loose traction in second gear if i put my foot down & it was raining, but it did not.

just wondering if skoda have done anything (my thoughts below)

- altered traction control for towing settings,

- be because car had oil change or new oil filter.

- or even the diverter valve has failed as they had it as had remap about 6k ago (too much of coincidence, i think)

2, a few thousand miles ago the oil cap extender bit from engne to top of engine cover came off, i put the oil cap back straight onto engine, they said today that car is fine and works just as good, but!, to sort it out they need to order a new rocker cover, do you think i should have this done as the car is fine and don't want to start changeing things (don't fix it if it aint broke)

help please!

They may well have carried out an ECU flash that will have removed the Remap. A REVO dealer will install it again for you.

I would have the oil filler fixed, changing the rocker cover should be a big job.

It should say on your invoice what has been done.

The ecu reflash normally has a code rather then wording (the exact code escapes me at the moment though)

thanks, the car feels just as quick it's just that it would not loose grip when it normaly would, im going down to jkm in a few weeks so i will see what they say. i told the dealer (simpsons, preston) that i had a remmap and they where fine with it as they have sold a couple that they have remmaped themselves. it may be in my head. don't think so though.

Have a look in the boot and thee should be a sticker attached to the main build sticker and possibly one in the front of the service book if they've done an ECU flash.

The other thing it possibly and more than likely is - They may have disconnected the battery when fitting the towbar, if left off for a period of time it will default the REVO back to minimum settings for timing, fuel and boost.

just been for quick drive and seems quick still just not quite as quick as it was, i think it could be the diverter valve with a slight split as i can here a high pitch whistle thats not normaly their. i haven't got a clue nor am i mechanicaly minded, will try call down to jkm as soon as i can, only problem is it is a 5 hour drive from blackpool. i will e-mail them aswell. many thanks anyway any more ideas please let me know.

done a few hundred miles now since service,

i am becomming more to the idea of the diverter valve failure as the car seems to slowly getting slower, it is normal upto about 2500rpm but then normally i would get a massive lump of power (this normaly when wheels start to spin if wet) it just does not come as if the turbo was not their.

i just find it wierd that this happened after the servie and not before unless the remap has gone/but back to standard aswell at the same time.

driving down to jkm next thurs so should find out then, call and get some bp102 on the way home, that will make a driffence:thumbup: