Panoramic roof tinting

I have read some reviews of Roomster that warn about the cabin with panoramic roof getting too hot in Summer, especially in Australia, to the point that the climate control fails to do its job. And this isn't helped by the perforated shutters. I'm wondering, how true is this? Tomorrow I'm going to tint the windows of my new Roomster and am considering whether I need to tint the roof as well. Would it help at all? The glass is already tinted, isn't it?

I need advice urgently. Tomorrow will be too late. Thanks.

Yes it is tinted but not heavily.

TBH it's a risk your taking with a car that has a glass roof. I can't see tinting helping massively if it's going to be that hot/cold and if you do tint it to the point of being useful, you might as well have not had it.

I am sure someone who has one will be able to give you some more objective advice.

In Turkey, some of the Roomster owners complaining from the same issue. It is 30-35 °C in summer and even the tinting you can feel the heat of sun shines on your head...

You have to run the AC more longer than the non-glass roof counterparts.

Likewise here in Israel where I took this pic bout 10 days ago...:orb_hot:

passoverapril2008102bt6.jpg

Wow, that's pretty cool! :D

I mean, in Melbourne it never gets to 46.5, but it may be 40-43 once in a year. So, how does it feel inside a Roomster at 46.5? Does your car have a panoramic roof?

1st & luckily only time I've seen it that hot! I'm not yet driving a Roomster, Yet the only one I've seen here with the "Panoramic Roof" was in the shaded air-conditioned showroom... Likely to stay there to. The best reason I find to have a sunroof here is that it's a relatively safe & secure method of venting the sweltering hot air that can build up while parked! Unfortunately the very nice corporate VAG offering isn't available on the Roomster. Thus one of the reasons I'm still considering the Fabia Estate as a good alternative... Before someone suggests an aftermarket sunroof, I've been generally disappointed by Quality but function nearly always is compromised as well to the extent that they're made useless for the reasoning I've stated above!!!

Don't find any probs with mine and the climate does it job perfectly, even when I had a recorded 35c recorded last year. I know I'd much rather have the car with the roof than without it.

Des

Thanks a lot! The last question: is it worth doing the tint of other windows? I've noticed the rear window is already tinted...

i've got the backend tinted up to the B pillar, because i have the big dog in the back and it makes life more bearable for him. it's got the darkest i could get with a sun strip on the front. looks OK.

Thanks a lot! The last question: is it worth doing the tint of other windows? I've noticed the rear window is already tinted...

The roof and the rear windows look to be all of the same tint, maybe the roof is slightly darker though but it is difficult to tell.

Des