help needed

the wifes car would start on saturday but would not tick over

so i cleaned the throttle body . drove the car everything fine sunday morning

car would not tick over , so i changed the crank case sensor because i was given 1 with the car. the car then drove fine this morning the wife tells me the car is over revving

and slowley going back to normal

any ideas folks the car has a 1.3 mpi engine

sean

this is my though, the engine's carb was tune to the not so nice carb, wen you sprayed the cleaner then the tuning had to be fixed, i would tighnt the idle screw all the way down (engine suppozed to stop at this point) then correct the accelerator screw, until engine stops and give it 1 turn more, then release the idle screw and adjust it until propper idle (i have mine from 850-900rpm)

My advice before taking anything apart would be to disconnect the battery for two minutes to clear the ECU and try again before ripping anything apart.

If this does nothing then i would suspect the Inlet Manifold gasket as previously stated. However, it may be the case that it is just the throttle body gasket that has been disturbed by carb spray. Either way it will not cost more than a few pounds and a couple of hours at the most.