19"wheels and low superb

This is my skoda superb. im now waiting for lowering springs. 100_0673.jpg

Two words :-

Shiny, shiny, shiny

and

Bling !!!!

OP's look fantastic - IMHO these look a bit cheesy and would be more at home on a 300C ;)

hey there!

sorry for my late answer, i was a little bit busy.

i have only found one photo of my car, where you can see the rims a better, but it was also shot in a little angle. i would make a better one, but i´m in norway for the next two weeks and my car is at home in germany, because it is to low for the streets in this country ;)

28674.attach

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone in the Uk lowered one yet, I'd like to drop mine when I get it, only an inch or so just to balance the look. Has anyone bought a set of springs in the Uk? I'm guessing they'll be Passat springs but how would they cope weight wise?

Has anyone bought a set of springs in the Uk? I'm guessing they'll be Passat springs but how would they cope weight wise?

Eibach do a set for the Superb combi, (part No. E10-79-007-01-22) which lower the car by 30mm.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for crappy iPhone photo, test fitting 19" VMR on my Superb. Lowerd 40mm.

superb1.jpg

That looks great,

Just taken delivery of mine and it spoof needs to come down off it's high horse. The 30mm hobbies above look the go.

I'm also going to swap out the Luxons I have as I hate them!

Wanted lunas but wouldn't supply them. Need to find a nice 18-19" 5/6 spike alloy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stumpi

Looks nice, but it is crap, since it makes the superb completely unusable for its purpose (to carry a lot of stuff comfortably across long distances).

First: there will be no comfort left, because when there is more than a centimeter of up-movement of a front or back wheel, the tyre will touch the wheel arches.

Second: The rims are much too wide and there is too less rubber left around it. Every time you will hit a pothole or a steep bump in the road (I know what the roads looked like after last winter!) you will destroy a tyre and a rim. I won't even talk about kerbs....

Third: As soon as you load over 100 grams into the boot, the rear tyres will hit the wheel arches.

Final thoughts: I really do not understand why people spend so much money to make a practical, usable car into something completely impractical. :(

• Like 1

New 8,5x19" rims fitted, 40mm H&R lowering springs, chrome/black grill from the China version of Superb.

What is offset of your wheels ? and what tire size you have ? looks really cool when lowered

New 8,5x19" rims fitted, 40mm H&R lowering springs, chrome/black grill from the China version of Superb.

What is offset of your wheels ? and what tire size you have ? looks really cool when lowered

ET45 on the wheels and 235/35-19

Edited by Amazonas

Looks nice, but it is crap, since it makes the superb completely unusable for its purpose (to carry a lot of stuff comfortably across long distances).

First: there will be no comfort left, because when there is more than a centimeter of up-movement of a front or back wheel, the tyre will touch the wheel arches.

Second: The rims are much too wide and there is too less rubber left around it. Every time you will hit a pothole or a steep bump in the road (I know what the roads looked like after last winter!) you will destroy a tyre and a rim. I won't even talk about kerbs....

Third: As soon as you load over 100 grams into the boot, the rear tyres will hit the wheel arches.

Final thoughts: I really do not understand why people spend so much money to make a practical, usable car into something completely impractical. :(

A valid argument but flawed.

I used to be the proud owner of a E39 M5, stock it came with 18's and i upgraded them (or should i say downgraded!) to 19'' bbs LM2 reps.

Now you would assume that would make the car ride like a POS, but it was actually more comfortable than the stock setup, potholes weren't a problem and i even moved house with a plasma tv on the backseat without any issues of bottoming out!.

I guess it comes down to the shocks used?

i had some little issues on the rear axle to get the wheels clear, but only some plastic was cutted out, no metal work at all.

i've made my grille black with matte black foil, i think now it looks more agressive and it fits perfect to the wheels and lowering.

img09691.jpg

Edited by 2fast4u
  • Like 1

i had some little issues on the rear axle to get the wheels clear, but only some plastic was cutted out, no metal work at all.

i've made my grille black with matte black foil, i think now it looks more agressive and it fits perfect to the wheels and lowering. (sorry, i write from my iphone, so it's difficult to post a picture)

You have one really sexy superb ! i also want Thomason TN4 Wheels they are best looking wheels on superb

Just changing the thread a bit, sorry!

Amazonas, what colour is your car? Is it Aqau Blue? It looks really cool (pardon the pun)

i've made my grille black with matte black foil, i think now it looks more agressive and it fits perfect to the wheels and lowering.

img09691.jpg

lovely looking motor you have there...