National Meet, only days to go → BRISKODA National Meet Info.  |  Blyton Park Driving Centre - Track time.  |  Competitions
Photo
- - - - -

Remote Central Locking Fuse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 campagman

campagman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 18:03

My central locking works fine but not from the key. This is manageable but is a pain sometimes as I have to open the door to open the boot. I changed the battery in the key, no good. The key rattled when shook, which isn't right, so I got the key mended by a local electronics place. They showed me the key now emitted a signal but this still wouldn't operate the central locking. I thought that this was not a problem, they just need re-synchronising. Followed the instructions in the manual but still no good. Asked the guy at the local shoe repairers (they do car keys too, especially remote locking ones) to have a look but he could get no response from the remote gubbins, he plugged in a diagnostic programmer/reader under the dash. He then said it would need to go back to Skoda. Well I thought that the first thing to check is the fuse but I can't find out which one to check. The list of fuses shows a Central locking one but no fuse for the remote. The car is a Fabia 1 1.4 Silverline '03. Any help please?

#2 planetpeckham

planetpeckham

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car:Skoda Octavia Tdi (2000)

Posted 13 December 2010 - 15:46

Just doing a search for a similar problem with my 2000 Octavia.
Like Campagman I've changed the battery in the fob. The locking will work (remotely) maybe after I've pressed the fob about 50 times - this standing right next to the car!
Could be a common fault for Skodas perhaps?
Any help also appreciated.

#3 ap0gee1978

ap0gee1978

Now with added vintage.

• Honorary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,481 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 15:49

FUSE 31

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users