Weitec hicon gt

RyanG

Who's got them?

Are they 4 coilovers? Or 2 coilovers and seperate springs and shocks for the rear?

there 4 m8 the rear the spring goes over the shock and are adjustable

100_3206.jpg

Plastic spring platforms?

100_3210.jpg

And the biggest problem, the rear spring platform/height adjusting thing. The thread is really loose, how the hell does this fix in position once i have set the height? There is no grub screw to tighten onto the thread?

100_3207.jpg

Edited by RyanG

there 4 m8 the rear the spring goes over the shock and are adjustable

No they're not! Only the fronts are coil-over-damper units. The rears are separate springs and dampers.

(I have them fitted)

My kw set is the same bud, they dont move when in place.

The platforns or polyurethene or sumin..... Its basicly to solve the metal platform seizing and rusting to the thread iirc :)

Either way

Very cool bud - pics when your done

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

Thanks mate, i'll just stick them on like this then and see how i go, i could always take them into work and tap a small hole for a grub screw.

Yea pics when im done, wont be for a few weeks yet though, MOT at the end of March so i'll fit them then when the nights are longer and hopefully warmer. :giggle:

Cool, bit of food for thought, my kw booklets says that if i want to go to 40mm i need to do something with some kit or nee farb they do..... Also then if i want to wind to 50/55 i have to remove a restrictor on the top of the shock??? And to go 65 i should remove both lol

Didnt see this til last week :) damit

So just hsve a nosey thru the instructions mate, being ap and weitec are also made by kw i dunno if they do the same anoying bits ......... Toads!!!!!!!

Cool, thats ok then.

What about the rear height adjuster things though? How are you surposed to lock them in position?

Trust me you won't need to lock them with the weight of the car and spring on the platform. They are quite stiff to turn even with the spanner that comes in the kit.

Cool, bit of food for thought, my kw booklets says that if i want to go to 40mm i need to do something with some kit or nee farb they do..... Also then if i want to wind to 50/55 i have to remove a restrictor on the top of the shock??? And to go 65 i should remove both lol

Didnt see this til last week :) damit

So just hsve a nosey thru the instructions mate, being ap and weitec are also made by kw i dunno if they do the same anoying bits ......... Toads!!!!!!!

Think that means for the ARB that goes over the drive shaft and not the VRS ARB. Expect it is a std blurb for all kits.

Blimmey if you wish to lower more than 40mm, that would be mega low :yes: . Mine are 35mm and i just get away with none rubbing of the rear tyres.

Edited by Bowders1
  • Like 1

The thing is though, they are not stiff at all. I can spin them with my little finger.

Might try some PTFE tape on the threads and see if it stiffens them up a bit.

The thing is though, they are not stiff at all. I can spin them with my little finger.

They will be off the car as you don't have the weight on them...Fit them and you will see what i mean.

Don't you think Weitec AP, KW would have made them different if this was a issue....

Edited by Bowders1

That's fine, don't worry about them. They are supposed to be like that, and loads of us have this kit fitted with zero problems.

As Bowders has already said, once they are installed on the car, they will not move as they will have a lot of weight on them. Trust us!

Nothing wrong at all in the pictures you have posted. They look spot on buddy.

Don't forget new top mounts, bearings, nuts/bolts and rear bump stops too.

P.S. I actually found it so hard to adjust the rears with the springs in, that I gave up and removed the springs to adjust the rears. They really don't budge by themselves!

Enjoy the kit :thumbup:

copper grease/slip the threads, so they dont seize. That will also stop it spinning freely when not under load, but when the springs are under load they should not rotate on the perch at all.

Think that means for the ARB that goes over the drive shaft and not the VRS ARB. Expect it is a std blurb for all kits.

Blimmey if you wish to lower more than 40mm, that would be mega low :yes: . Mine are 35mm and i just get away with none rubbing of the rear tyres.

That would make things easier :)

Theres a hollow kind of knock thats all, i was wondering if it was the rollbar against wishbone or something? Maybe its a bush or top mount then ???

Its in for a service next week so i shall have it peeked at :giggle: see what ive broke

• 2 months later...

OK

bingin this one up again.

Some people have fitted the LCR versions to their octavia.

LCR 1M: pn 13210005 Front: 1020kg Rear: 1020kg

Audi A3 8L: pn 13210005 Front: 1020kg Rear: 1020kg

VW Golf 1J: pn 13210005 Front: 1020kg Rear: 1020kg

VW Golf Estate: pn 13282002 Front: 1020kg Rear: 1080kg

Octavia 1U: pn 13282002 Front: 1020kg Rear: 1080kg

these weights and PN are of LK performance sight. Ive looked at the same pn on DPM and they say its 1000kg front and rear?

Looking at the Weitec catalog http://www.weitec.de/ww/downloads/weitec_catalog_coiloverkit_2010.pdf

the pn for the octavia is the same as for the golf estate and for our car it says 1000kg front and rear but for the golf estate it says 1020kgfront and 1080kg rear? which is which?

Just to clear this up, thoes who fir the LCR ones are actually fitting normal golf ones?

I seem to remember Bowders1 (Mark) had these fitted. this might be why he had the trouble of a broken spring?

looking at these its actually better to put the Octavia ones on even tho a lot of sights say its 1000kg rating. I am only bringing this up as I have 2 sets of the Octavia versions and I am looking at getting a new set just to make the entire suspention setup New.

billy

Just to clear this up, those who fir the LCR ones are actually fitting normal golf ones?

I seem to remember Bowders1 (Mark) had these fitted. this might be why he had the trouble of a broken spring?

looking at these its actually better to put the Octavia ones on even tho a lot of sights say its 1000kg rating. I am only bringing this up as I have 2 sets of the Octavia versions and I am looking at getting a new set just to make the entire suspension setup New.

billy

Hi Billy, yep I do have LCR ones on my motor.

The only reason i put these on was because they were stronger settings.

When I searched for specs the octy was down as:

Octavia 1U: pn 13282002 Front: 1000kg Rear: 1000kg in all performance centre specs

and the LCR was:

So not sure why that same part number 13282002 you or Weitec show as Front: 1020kg Rear: 1080kg

This was certainly not the case a year or 2 ago.

I do know that Weitec/KW have revised there range and reduced various types and changed colors etc but weather this was poundage setting not sure.

I don't think my rear broken spring was down to that perhaps unlucky with a fault in the actual spring. My replacement springs have been fine.

Interesting if Weitec could explain the poundages changes if that is accurate?

Hi Billy, yep I do have LCR ones on my motor.

The only reason i put these on was because they were stronger settings.

When I searched for specs the octy was down as:

Octavia 1U: pn 13282002 Front: 1000kg Rear: 1000kg in all performance centre specs

and the LCR was:

So not sure why that same part number 13282002 you or Weitec show as Front: 1020kg Rear: 1080kg

This was certainly not the case a year or 2 ago.

I do know that Weitec/KW have revised there range and reduced various types and changed colors etc but weather this was poundage setting not sure.

I don't think my rear broken spring was down to that perhaps unlucky with a fault in the actual spring. My replacement springs have been fine.

Interesting if Weitec could explain the poundages changes if that is accurate?

yea its confusing really,

reading the catalog its got the same kit for the A3, mk4 Golf hatch, and LCR which is I would say right as the fronts are the same and they are all hatch backs with short rear ends hence the 1020kg

The Golf estate, Bora, Octavia all have the same kit too. the octy says the 1000kg 1000kg but the same kit on the bora and golf estate say 1020kg 1080kg so I think its just the wrong number in the octavia part or they are just going on the weights that are plated in the car.

I know what you mean tho about the variouse sites stating the weights and it is misleading, cant really go wrong with the Weitec log tho?

If I get interest in me coilovers I think Ill get the Bora, estate and Octavia ones tho. I cant find any of the 13210005 kits that say any different weights than the 1020kg.

billy