Listers Skoda - Coventry

I have used Prestige Skoda in Coventry for Parts, I found them really helpful and friendly, most of the staff went to Listers at their new site, including the parts staff. They still seem as friendly as ever as Listers when I went for rear brake pads a couple of months ago.

Edited by silver73

• 3 weeks later...

Disappointed in the sales side after visiting and discussing requirement for an Octy VRS. I received a quote and began negotiation with the salesman who told me he had to check with his manager who was on holiday. Never received a call back and subsequent calls were not returned. Purchased elsewhere. Skoda really need to employ secret shoppers to see how bad some dealerships are in handling enquiries. This was my second unsatisfactory experience (the other was at a separate dealership in the West Midlands).

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Visited them today ,as per http://www.briskoda....335-fuel-leak/.

No tech available to look at my identified leak,.Parts person had a look and prounounced it a leak in a high pressure pipe ,requiring a part costing approx £160 + two hours labour to fix . ( Approx £300 total) . Real cost -well don't know yet ,as I'm still sourcing a replacement pipe with a preformed bend in it. But if it's over £10 ,I'll be syrprised.

Re the comment on Prestige. I've used them in the past ,and their parts folk were top notch. Only met one of Lister's parts staff, and never seen their parts department. However ,I've found that for parts in Coventry area ,forget the stealers, go to

http://listers.co.uk...Parts/Coventry. For thos in the area ,it's out Binley way

Rear of Listers SEAT

Brandon Road

Binley

Coventry

West Midlands

CV3 2AN

Edit to add- just been, they couldn't do enough to help. Although the pipe has a partial part no on it, it's now classed as "fuel pipe, cut to size" . TPS at least checked .

Edited by VWD
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Listers at Exhall, very good experience buying a new car from them. I live 120 miles from them, but did deal over the phone and via email very efficiently. Got an agreed trade-in price unseen for my old car, subject to being as described obviously. All went smoothly on hand-over day and enough fuel in the tank to not worry about getting home. Reccomended.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just noticed - in my post ,I mentioned "couldn't do enough to help2 -that was TPS ,not Listers .I've since found out that the part lister wanted to charge me for was the complete fuel system pipework, when all that was needed was a 50p piece of fuel pipe . WATCHDOG/ROGUE TRADERS ,here I come .

• 1 month later...

purchased my current vehicle from these guys and found their aftercare top notch.

just ordered a superb 2.0 tdi cr 140ps dsg elegance, in petrol blue, and have just been informed i will be getting the new facelifted model,

• 2 months later...

People are nice I live in cov and went in to enquirer about a fabia vrs tsi second hand they didn't have any to view but said they'd email me ever week till they got one, think they thought I couldn't afford one being young and all, never got a reply or phone call since been there in my vrs I brought from DM Keith Leeds, sales man was suprised to see my car hahah missed out on a sale

• 1 month later...

This is what I posted in the "Half a***d dealers" topic:

"I wasted x2 weeks  at Listers Skoda Coventry. They took me for a fool, trying to tell me that, doing only 5k year in a diesel vRS would not have any effect on the gfv after x3 years (amongst other rubbish!). Waltzed into Sandicliffe Skoda Leicester  and they agreed with my figures within x5 minutes. Matched my p/ex figure and shook hands. I have to say, the sales people ( I won't name names) at Listers were pathetic, especially considering that, I'd just placed an order for the missus' new Yaris at their sister branch. The bloke at Listers Toyota was fantastic, friendly and chatty. The guys at Listers Skoda seemed more interested in their appearance than customers buying a £27k+ car!!"

They will probably be the first place I visit after I pick the keys up to my new vRS lol

dc5r666 - But if you ever get a moulded rubber fuel pipe leak - just drive on past . The blokes at TPS could not believe that ANY VAG dealer would quote for total pipe replacement for a single hose .

dc5r666 - But if you ever get a moulded rubber fuel pipe leak - just drive on past . The blokes at TPS could not believe that ANY VAG dealer would quote for total pipe replacement for a single hose .

Don't worry about that lol.

Trust me, apart from driving in to show the Listers salesmen that I bought the same car from elsewhere and to rub their noses in it, I DON'T intend to use ANY of their services, be it sales, service...nothing!

Our family have had an excellent experience with this dealer so far.

1. Our Yeti (purchased from a dealer in Swindon) developed a knock, the engineer went out on a drive with my father and confirmed the knock, they then had the car in for two days, identified the problem and sorted the issue under warranty. No problems what so ever.

2. A week ago, I walked in the showroom unannounced wanting an Octavia test drive that day, they arranged a test drive within two hours and then negotiated a deal for a new car with me. Initially, they had found a pre-built unregistered vehicle at another dealer which they acquired for me. When I discovered it wouldn't have Front Assist two days later after querying it (quite by chance after seeing spec build dates on here), they apologised and admitted that they hadn't considered the build date and did their best to find me a build slot at the factory. Rather than have to wait for November delivery (which is the current waiting time), they managed to find an unassigned build slot at the same spec going through the factory that week and arranged for it to be allocated to me. The car should be with me mid-September.

So far I have nothing but positive views of the sales staff who have gone above and beyond to help me.

Andy

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

boff180- I got a price for a cambelt change, till I mentioned a price Ali ( Unit 18) had quoted. Sudenly as the thought of a a car going elsewhere appeared, the price matched. My thanks to Ali, but I wonderd if the oil would make it and held Listers to ransom for an oil/filter  change as well . As said- I liked their attitude, till I got a fuel leak. One ruber pipe, ( cost 50p) needed changing. Listers price, parts =£160, labour = £160 .

• 2 weeks later...

Then I had a fuel leak. It turned out to be a flexible pipe of about 6" leaking. Cost at motor factors, about 50p. Lister price was for replacement of all the fuel pipes. Cost about £160 for parts and £160 for labour. I got a bit of fuel pipe ( cost 50p) ,and replaced it my self.

• 2 months later...

Seen a car there I like the look of and price isn't bad. Part Ex price would have to be negotiated but I wouldn't be using them for servicing and just using them to buy the car. My local Skoda dealer is fantastic so I'd stick with them/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't buy the car in the end. It was too high priced for what it was, I suspected it may have had a bump at some point as there was flaking paint around the number plate and it didn't handle well. They then gave me a laughable part ex quote. That was enough to put me off so I came home.

• 1 month later...

I have bought 2 cars from them, 3rd should be here next week, I have had nothing but great service from them.

Sales guys are good, they don't tell lies like some other dealers to make a sale, and after sales has been great, only had one issue with my vrs and it was fixed in on the first visit!

Cracking

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Was very disappointed in this dealership. Yes they had a superb for me to test drive, and let me go off in my own for an hour or two, but after that it all fell apart.

Asked for a PCP quote, eventually after two weeks received a buisness PCH quote. Explained I wanted a PCP quote and headed nutting else.

Went to Arbury Skoda Leamington instead, who were very good.

Not impressed with Listers whatsoever

• 7 months later...

I have Purchased a 7 month old Skoda superb estate 170 bhp Laurin & klement with 1090 miles on the clock form Listers Skoda, Coventry.

A fantastic car!

I called Skoda UK to confirm the breakdown cover, and after giving them the registration number they informed me it was a 140 bhp.

I also put the VIN number into the Skoda web site, and it confirmed it was a 140bhp

I contacted the dealer ( Listers Skoda, Coventry) and asked to speak to the manager, I was put thru to the sales manager, I explained the situation, referring them to their advert and EBay listing, and was told it is up to me to check the car matches the item as advertised, as she stated all errors & omissions are excluded

I was also told the sales invoice didn't state the engine size, so I didn't have a case.

I then pointed out the finance agreement did state the engine BHP

I was then told I test drove the car and accepted it, and as I am otherwise happy with the car, in her opinion I don't have a problem, and therefore could not return the car.

She indicated during the conversation it was a 4x4, when I pointed out it wasn't, she stated she didn't know anything about cars!

I asked for a price reduction as the car was not as specified in the advert, due to smaller BHP output, and was told they do not have in place a system to issue partial refunds

I stated this was totally unsatisfactory, and was eventually able to talk to the branch manager. His approach to solving the issue was much better, he offered 2 free services, or to accept the car back and give me a full refund

So i have returned the car in the same condition as it was sold and accepted

the full refund

My point of putting this sad affair on this forum, is after they received the car back due to it being incorrectly sold and advertised with the incorrect engine size. The very next day, THEY THEN RELISTED THE CAR ON THIER WEB SITE AND EBAY EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE,

This means it's now listed with the incorrect mileage, incorrect number of owners and still states its 170BHP

How can it be relisted with total disregard to the reason they have had it returned!

The original EBay listing number was 322004144112

And the relisting after the engine size problem bought to the dealers attention was 322030073472

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've been using this dealer for servicing and parts since I bought my Fabia vRS used in July 2013. The car is showing 50k miles and has served me well, despite having the notorious CAVE engine - using half a litre of oil roughly every 2500 miles. I get 50mpg on a long run and around 37-40mpg around town. I get it MOT'd each year at a local workshop for £25. I was more or less happy with the cost and customer service from Listers, despite the constant pushing of aircon services and injector cleaning additives during cold telephone calls (despite booking it in online).

Earlier this year, I was looking to buy a new Superb. I booked in for a test drive and was pretty appalled by the attitude and demeanour of the salesman. Suffice to say I am no longer looking to buy a new Skoda of any type after this experience.

I was considering complaining, but I will deprive Skoda of my custom instead. My next car will be a Ford, purchased from any garage except a Listers franchise.

:thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been into Listers Skoda a couple of times with a view to buying a car, and their sales department is not very good at all. I've had high PCP quotes, low part-ex offers, salesman not available for a pre-arranged meeting, phone calls not returned and no follow-up. The first time round I bought my Octavia from Trust Skoda in Redditch and the second time I've gone with a different manufacturer (not because of Listers though).

Their Service Department has been very good and helpful, apart from fitting a leaking oil filter. They did fix the problem on the day of reporting it whilst I waited though.

I would by a Skoda again, but almost certainly not from them unless they changed their sales team. I currently have a Lexus on order and although the local dealer is also Listers, the sales experience could not be more different, so I don't think it's a Listers or Skoda problem, it's just that particular dealer.

• Like 1