I want ESP switched off

THEFOR2

The snow drifting season is here. But when the fun begins, the Yeti grabs in and prevents me from playing. :(

I know that the ASR can be turned off and it helps a little, but I also want to be able to turn the ESP off. I know that some 2012 VW cars have a two stage-system with the possibility to first turn the ASR off and with a longer press on the switch also turn the ESP off. Thats what I really want!

Is there anything that can be done to correct this behavior? Remove the fuse? Some kind of reprogramming?

Since the ESP works with the ABS you will also disable that if there was something as simple as a fuse for it. Which I suspect there won't be. All modern cars suffer from this and only sporty cars like the Golf GTI gets the two stage switch of. Not sure if it can be done via VCDS.

See some other threads on it here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/153658-esp-onoff-switch/

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/62026-esp-can-it-be-switched-totally-off/

For fast laps on icetrack, remove fuse from slot F25 in engine compartment fuse box (at least model year 2010 1.8TSI Yeti). As a result all ESP/ABS/TCS/EDL will disappear, but car is still 4WD. Have fun.

For fast laps on icetrack, remove fuse from slot F25 in engine compartment fuse box (at least model year 2010 1.8TSI Yeti). As a result all ESP/ABS/TCS/EDL will disappear, but car is still 4WD. Have fun.

Thanks!

I guess the dash will light up as a christmas tree with fault messages when I remove the fuse? :giggle:

Thanks!

I guess the dash will light up as a christmas tree with fault messages when I remove the fuse? :giggle:

indeed it will, and if you were in the UK (I know you are in Sweden) and had an accident with the car in this state chances are your insurance would not payout since all the key safety features will have been disabled deliberately.

Thanks!

If you take out the F25 which I suggested (I think it was ABS pump), then just 1 (or 2) yellow lights. If you take out main ABS fuse, then it will be "Christmas tree" and also engine in safety mode and just FWD.

Ofcourse it is good to use such method just on closed race track (lake) with even ice or snow surface. As EDL is off, in deep snow or mixed surfaces perfomance is worse.

193747892a4a49_m.jpg