Rear brake caliper return springs

STSKODA

Right, I'm having a little bother with my NSR brake dragging and causing the disc to heat up.

I suspect this is the handbrake mechanism not completely releasing.

I have seen some folk fit helper springs to assist the handbrake levers fully releasing.

Anyone here got a part number for the springs I need, I've read up that seat alhambra or audi A3 ones will fit?

Anyone done this and got a positive result?

I would take the caliper off as well and check that the sliders aren't seized.

This happened on a mates VRS and we found the caliper had heated up so much from the binding brake that the bleed nipple was welded closed. We ended up having to get the sliders out of the caliper on a bench to clean them up and drill out and replace the bleed nipple.

Hi, caliper sliders are fine as this has been checked, thinking its either a sticky piston or non returning handbrake, just wanting to make sure i get it fixed first time round regardless of which is the problem!

anyone here fitted the seat springs or have pictures of the caliper with attached springs?

Ordered the springs Monday, collected them Wednesday and fitted them today.

Once I'd worked out which springs fits what side it was a five minute job.

VW part No's

7HO615296

7HO615295A.

gonna try and fit these today but i have the resonance damper and no slot cut in the static metal bracket for teh folded back end of the spring - any thoughts hwo to proceed?

I have put up a picture of the sharan springs and their usual installation to help other members

springs

caliperspring.jpg

in situ

caliperspring3.jpg

just to say these springs do the job perfectly, even if you have the anti-mooing kit

only extra step for me to fit was to remove the circular resonance damper, fit spring around the stationary bracket and then refit the damper to secure in place virtually the same as shown above.

Thanks again to Sere Motors for quick supply of the part

• 2 months later...

Any vag dealer should be able to supply you the springs there only a couple of quid each.

Ive found my mooing to be better since i knocked hell out of brakes on trackday i did altho think i may have cooked the pads as they dont seem to have the inital bite they had anymore