7 replies to this topic

#1 drlargepants

drlargepants

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 13:45

Anyone here got a Phill & Teds Explorer and fitted into the Fabia boot ?

Tried an Audi A1 at the weekend. No chance :(

#2 skomaz

skomaz

aka Garfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts
  • Car:Tweaked Octy TDi 4x4 Estate, Fabia TDi Estate, lightly modified Mk1 Mazda MX5 1.8iS

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:32

Not had a Phil and Teds but did have an XTS Twister that went in a Mk1 Fabia Estate boot lengthways...

#3 tin0

tin0

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 18:08

I can get a Phil and teds sport double (the red one) in the back of my fabia 1 by only removing one of the back wheels which is a total doddle. It goes in on a slight angle.
Once it's in there I can still get the rest of the kids bags etc in there and a few bags of shopping.
I don't know if the fabia 2 has a bigger boot than mine but it gives you an idea :)

#4 wills

wills

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:16

I can get an Out 'n' About Nipper 360 single in the back of my 2011 vRS as long as the 2 rear wheels come off which is dead easy to do. It will fit easily and luggage can then fit on top without much hassle. The Phil and Teds Explorer looks like a relative copy of the Out 'n' About so I wouldn't imagine you would have much of a problem.

-Will :)

#5 gianthotdog

gianthotdog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Car:superb 170 DSG +fabia 1.9tdi sport

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:40

Never had a phil and teds but I can get a city jogger in the back of my fabia sport hatch. Fits pretty well, no need to take any wheels off, just goes straight in and can fit other bags in and around it.

#6 drlargepants

drlargepants

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:52

Thanks for the help, I'm still looking for a car :(

#7 pipsyp

pipsyp

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:23

If you want a car of that ilk with a comodious boot Fabia estate and Ibiza ST really the only options. Problem with Phil and Teds pushchairs is that they are all pretty large, if you manage to fit one in a supermini you'll be left with little boot space.

#8 pumpsmynads

pumpsmynads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 16:49

Do you have time to take the pram around various dealers and explain that you want to see if it fits in various models?