im in the process of putting the car back up to scratch but seeing as im studying im only able to work part time and therefore money is tight for fixing stuff. :think:

i have fitted LED sidelights along with some HID Xenon bulbs in the Projectors as my halogen bulbs decided they had enough of life. :giggle:

i also have a set of 35mm lowering springs sat in the box waiting till i find someone brave enough to fit them as i cant afford the local garage prices lol.

since the last update i have all the alloys fitted again so it looks far better than the front steel look it was sporting.

Still has the crash damage as my hunt for the driver side doors continues. :sweat:

Which also means the gaffa tape is still holding the window on in the back lol

once the doors have been replaced i will have some wind deflectors and rear tints sorted out but thats on hold until i sort out the doors :wall:

I have some more pictures to upload when i get round to actually pulling my finger out and loading them off my camera lol

oh also i forgot to mention that the millage has now rolled over to 285,000! yet still starts at the turn of the key and pulls like it did out of the factory. :rock:

Only engine problem i do have is when i crashed something happened which now causes terrible fuel economy. i mean **** economy. similar to what my brother got from his old 2000 turbo subaru :wonder:

my average mpg reading is between 20-25 mpg when i drive like a propper nightmare slow driver and then driving it hard i get 15-20mpg. as i do when its running cold. and when its doing long distance (50 mile trips ect) it averages 30-35 mpg. and the highest i got was half an hour of 60-65mph where i got an impressive 39.8mpg :angel:

But in all seriousness my dad who owned it for all its life before me said that around town when a taxi it was at lowest bringing back 30-35 mpg. and long journeys 45-50mpg. so as you can imagine im constantly skint due to paying 1.45 a litre and pouring down the drain. :wall:

Any guesses to what is causing it would be appreciated. but i will mention the egr valve was replaced only around 10k-15k miles ago so is unlikely to be at fault but never the less i am looking at blanking and deleting the egr valve completely as i may be remapping the car soon in a hope to improve the economy a lil and give me the extra go i need to be able to actually overtake people lol

oh also i forgot to mention that the millage has now rolled over to 285,000! yet still starts at the turn of the key and pulls like it did out of the factory. :rock:

Only engine problem i do have is when i crashed something happened which now causes terrible fuel economy. i mean **** economy. similar to what my brother got from his old 2000 turbo subaru :wonder:

my average mpg reading is between 20-25 mpg when i drive like a propper nightmare slow driver and then driving it hard i get 15-20mpg. as i do when its running cold. and when its doing long distance (50 mile trips ect) it averages 30-35 mpg. and the highest i got was half an hour of 60-65mph where i got an impressive 39.8mpg :angel:

But in all seriousness my dad who owned it for all its life before me said that around town when a taxi it was at lowest bringing back 30-35 mpg. and long journeys 45-50mpg. so as you can imagine im constantly skint due to paying 1.45 a litre and pouring down the drain. :wall:

Any guesses to what is causing it would be appreciated. but i will mention the egr valve was replaced only around 10k-15k miles ago so is unlikely to be at fault but never the less i am looking at blanking and deleting the egr valve completely as i may be remapping the car soon in a hope to improve the economy a lil and give me the extra go i need to be able to actually overtake people lol

That's bad! Checked for any holes in the fuel tank? Lol!

Sorry in all seriousness I have no idea what's causing it but that is really not right. Hmm.

im in the process of putting the car back up to scratch but seeing as im studying im only able to work part time and therefore money is tight for fixing stuff. :think:

i have fitted LED sidelights along with some HID Xenon bulbs in the Projectors as my halogen bulbs decided they had enough of life. :giggle:

i also have a set of 35mm lowering springs sat in the box waiting till i find someone brave enough to fit them as i cant afford the local garage prices lol.

since the last update i have all the alloys fitted again so it looks far better than the front steel look it was sporting.

Still has the crash damage as my hunt for the driver side doors continues. :sweat:

Which also means the gaffa tape is still holding the window on in the back lol

once the doors have been replaced i will have some wind deflectors and rear tints sorted out but thats on hold until i sort out the doors :wall:

I have some more pictures to upload when i get round to actually pulling my finger out and loading them off my camera lol

Come down here one day,and we can do ur springs :-)

That's bad! Checked for any holes in the fuel tank? Lol!

yeah i have been told i either have a hole in the fuel tank or im losing the plot and only imagining to fill it up when i do lol

Come down here one day,and we can do ur springs :-)

How much would you want to fit the springs? lol

i dont know,have u got something for me?something u can do on my car?

well that depends on what you need :giggle: i have a few things nocking around that may be of use to you. if not i have limited skills you can use for your gains lol

on a side note. i am now waiting on the delivery of a new temp sensor. and then ordering a new map sensor and MAF sensor and also a new fuel filter. These will hopefully regain the lost mpg when acompanied by my EGR blanking plates. i will be removing the EGR valve and cleaning it and the inlet to make sure there is no build up before fitting the blanking plates to cut the gasses off from entering th egr and will then be getting a remap sorted out which deletes the EGR system from the ECU completely to avoid any future problems. :whew:

also will get some pics up of how the car looks now once i finish cleaning her. :sun:

• 4 weeks later...

I recognise this car, do you drive around wantage? Also from the sounds of your crash it sounds exactly how I wrote my first car off and I imagine its the exact same bend up near metal box in grove?

Sweet first car though, mine was a £400 Astra lol.

• 1 month later...

yeah im local to wantage :) it was my dads taxi around wantage for a long time before i sadly got my hands on it ;)

but yes the same bend by metal box on what i could only describe as a very suprisingly slippery night :p

But the car is still going strong regardless of the inprovised passat windows courtesy of the local scrappy and a few dents and cosmetic scars. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi guys sorry if this is not allowed but I'm just looking for advice or information 

I recently bought a 2007 superb 3u I.9tdi pd115 it is an ex taxi and has high milage so the steering wheel is fairly batterd so I bought an after market omp steering wheel but I can't find a boss kit to fit the superb 

Is there a boss kit from a different model skoda fit a superb or if anyone know where to find one for a superb any advice or information is appreciated thanks