AEF 1.9D Felicia Wiring diagram?

Hi Haribo and thank you for replying.

I haven't seen inside the Skoda Haynes manual so I'm not sure of the layout of those particular wiring diagrams.

There are two different styles that I've seen.

One style has a page for each area, i.e there will be a page for 'Diesel Engine Management' and a page for 'Instrument Cluster: models from 1998 onwards' or something similar.

Here is an example of the first style: This is from the VW Polo AEF Haynes Manual for the Diesel Engine Management. The wire colours don't match up to the Skoda Felicia.

AEFPoloEngineWiring.jpg

The other style lists current tracks so you get only sections of the wiring loom for each component and you have to track the wiring over several pages.

If the Skoda Felicia manual has the first style, just the 'Diesel Engine Management' page would be brilliant.

If it has the later style, then it gets more tricky.

To put you in the picture, I am using the AEF engine from my Skoda Feilicia in another vehicle, (don't worry, the rest of the car is being put to good use on a friends Skoda Fun for parts!).

I have the engine fitted and ready to try to start and I've had it cranking over to get oil pressure.

I have the following wires that I can't trace and need to know what their function is.

Oh, all of these wires come from the large round plug that is situated in the top right hand corner (as you're looking from the front of the vehicle).

Grey/White = Immobiliser and OBD2 plug

Black/Grey = Immobiliser

Black (thin) = Oil Pressure

Green = Water Temp

Yellow = I think that this needs an ignition feed but not sure

Black/Red = The normal colour for ign feed but need to make sure

Blue = no idea

Yellow/Green = no idea

Black (thick) = no idea

Thanks in advance.

MG

Edited by Ghia

Thank you :)

I've not managed to have it running yet but I haven't got any error codes in the diesel pump or immobiliser.

I've tried tow starting it without success but afterwards I realised that I still didn't have fuel through. I've always used Bosch diesel pumps and this has a Lucas. Bosch pumps will self bleed if you tow start them but something tells me that the Lucas won't.

I've spent some time bleeding the fuel system through with a syringe at the feed pipe and on the spill off pipe on the return. With all the air removed, hopefully it'll start next time I try once the batteries are recharged!

MG

Here you go: Felicia 1.9 Diesel (AEF) specific wiring

http://s1057.beta.ph...rer/library/AEF

I've looked through these in detail and there are references to the Diesel Engine Management but it doesn't feature on any of the pages.

Are there any more diagrams possibly later on in the book in a supplementary section?

MG

Sorry, I missed the engine management part.

I've put 6 more pages in same folder (DEM01 to DEM06).

I hope now it's OK.

Edited by adurer

Fantastic thank you.

I managed finally to get it running earlier this evening. It even ran happily enough (with no exhaust whatsoever!) to tick over :)

Thanks again.

MG

• 5 years later...

hi i am looking for a wiring diagram. I am conecting a more modern engine to my friend's car and could really use the diagram to integrate some of the original wires.

Can't find anything on autodata or elsawin.

The one on this topic is not available because of dead link

thanks