egr valve replacement 2.5 tdi

How did you get on wit it?

We probably ought to send out a search party - he might still be under the bonnet somewhere!

Gaz

Shocking performance, I got a 10mm crow foot spanner (good) and a set of 10mm shank straight allen key bits(not so good off ebay) but the bits did not seem to be accurate sizes or the the allen bolts were 6.5mm maybe?  Anyway I got the the top two bolts off no probs and surprise surprise there was a blanking plate in there, decided to carry on and change the valve, but no way were the bottom two bolts going to shift, so I just put a new gasket in and discarded the blanking plate and hey presto no engine light anymore. I am not sure why it was blanked off and how the crafty dealer (if it was them) managed to make the engine light stay off long enough for me to drive home from London to Northampton including stopping once for fuel.  To be fair they paid me straight away for new egr valve, so I now have a spare.  The car is running fine and MPG seems to be better with gentle driving, so not sure why it was blanked off. Only thing I can think off is that it is low mileage (54000 on a 56 plate) and an old boy used it to potter around in, and maybe he had problems with it, but now it does a 30 mile each way commute every day so gets a good run.