Knocking from front when braking lightly

Hi guys,

Over the last couple of days I've noticed I have a knocking noise coming from the front when I apply the brakes lightly. Braking hard there is no noise at all.

I did hit the mother of all pot holes (Bulge in the sidewall) a few weeks back but haven't noticed it anything until now. 

Has anyone had similar issues to this? I'm thinking/hoping its just a brake pad rattling around.

Appreciate any input 

Stephen

Hi guys,

Over the last couple of days I've noticed I have a knocking noise coming from the front when I apply the brakes lightly. Braking hard there is no noise at all.

I did hit the mother of all pot holes (Bulge in the sidewall) a few weeks back but haven't noticed it anything until now. 

Has anyone had similar issues to this? I'm thinking/hoping its just a brake pad rattling around.

Appreciate any input 

Stephen

I hit a mother of a pothole the other week, it smashed my rear console bush. Half of it was missing. I got a knock at low speeds, when applying the brake, light or hard and also setting off either forward or in reverse. 

Best advice i can give it, remove your wheel and check everything out. Check for play in everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this for future references.

No signs of loose or worn components so I stripped the brakes down and cleaned them up and copper slipped them and the  noise has gone. I'm guessing it was a sticking pad or something.

Stephen