Suspension Change

Hello all,

I recently just purchased an lovely VRS SE. It's currently got a set of FX highsport coilovers on. I find the ride pretty good, it's firm but not too crashy (well not compared to my ek9), and the only real issue is having to crawl over speed humps etc.My partner is driving it most of the time, ferrying baby and bits about, and I think she would prefer something more OEM. I'm thinking about putting the standard suspension on, or as a compromise, a set of ap shocks and springs. What do you reckon?

With regards to fitting the standard stuff back, as the car came with the coils already on, I'm assuming I'll need to buy standard drop links (LINK HERE to the kit I have and it looks like it comes with a set, but not sure if they are shorter than the originals? ) and also a set of bump stops for the rear - The blurb on this website says that FX coilovers come with the bump stop built in - can anyone comfirm? Will I need anything else?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/parts/suspension/fk-highsport-coilovers/

Cheers

Mike

I could, but it won't help with the ride will it? The coilovers are only height adjustable as far as I am aware, so will still retain the stiffness that my partner isn't really a big fan of. I wound the coilovers back up to raise the height and it's not made much of a difference, I think even I fully wind them to the top I'm not sure it will be enough.....

Cheers

• 3 months later...

I managed to grab a set of AP shocks and springs. Before I tackle this, does anyone know if the drop links will be ok to use with the APs? What's the standard length of them?

Ta

Mike