leaking oil from gearbox

Iv replaced both drive shaft seals and iv got oil occurring on thr bottom of the box. The car was run for 10 mins after seals were replaced since then its stood still. It appears to be to be coming from the seam or near where theres a bolt.

20140710_183403_zpsswscwa5a.jpg

20140710_183410_zpso9sq9ynu.jpg

20140710_183439_zpskbpvpxnf.jpg

Yeah box will require removing and casing removed, sealant you will get from skoda or TPS not to much money just very labour involved id make sure it's the casing first but does look like it from pics

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a bit of a cheat but rather than take the box out id give it a really good clean then try smearing gasket sealant around the area, it might work, and if it does its saved a load of time if it doesn't then its only the cost of a tube of sealant and a bit more cleaning when you take the box out and split it

I know its a bit of a cheat but rather than take the box out id give it a really good clean then try smearing gasket sealant around the area, it might work, and if it does its saved a load of time if it doesn't then its only the cost of a tube of sealant and a bit more cleaning when you take the box out and split it

What sealant is best to use? Gotta ne worth a try hasnt it.

Just a good quality gasket sealant I don't know if I'd use that stuff advertised from Amazon, maybe start a separate thread to see if anyone else has used it in a gearbox

It was worth a try, if it's leaking a lot I'm afraid its box out and split it for a new gasket plus some Granville's I'd also be thinking about clutch and flywheel conversion at the same time as you've got the box out. Sorry I couldn't be any more help

Yh no worries. Thats what im thinking. How much is a single mass and clutch?

I just brought conversion for my vrs g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch kit and got it for 159.99 inc postage fitting it Saturday morning!!