question for ANS 620 owners

I have been looking at this head unit ill probably buy it anyway but want to know if it works with parking sensors and which parking sensors as well. Basically i dont have parking sensors atm so will but them along with the unit, question is whether i need to buy original skoda sensors (can buy second hand) or any aftermarket will fit? do i need controller unit for these or can they be wired straight in? just need to know about all the bits i may require to make it work please..

I would also be interested to know this, I have this fitted to my car - it definitely works with parking sensors as every time I put the car in reverse the display pops up with the parking sensor display, but as I don't have any fitted at the moment I just get an error code saying they have been disconnected. I think, if I remember correctly when fitting the unit it had wires/connectors already on it that you just 'plug' the sensors into, that is from memory though and I am not taking it out to double check as I don't think I will get it back in again! - a warning if you are fitting it yourself, it is a very tight squeeze getting all the wires tucked in behind it! Great unit though would definitely recommend if if you are insure.

just got a message from icebox auto and they reckon this unit wont work with any parking sensors....now you saying it comes up with parking sensor display...im puzzled..anyone?

Hmmm, very odd, have just driven the car home from work and as soon as I put it into reverse the parking assist display popped up- I would say that it would possibly only work with the Oem sensors that would show up on a skoda headunit though? But I ordered mine from iceboxauto a couple of months ago and it came with a rear parking camera in the box, so you may not need sensors if you were to fit that anyway.

I have just been out and checked on the car and in the manual for the ans unit, it uses the optical parking system, having just quickly looked on here it looks like an option that newer cars had - seems I was wrong about it working with just parking sensors, unless anyone else's can shed any light?

yeah they told me it will work with 2011 cars but not 2007 like mine....:( i wanted it to work nicely with rear view camera so i got it on the display...meh...

I tried and failed to fit a rear view camera to this HU back end of last year, so settled for £15 DIY ebay reversing sensors - not connected to the HU.

Trying to find and fit sensors which supposedly integrate with the HU, is a waste of time, imho.

yeah maybe, but lots of people have done it and worked, i just like having it all in one like in a smartphone :) not having 5 different devices to do 5 different things if i can integrate it all into one... 

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have an ANS 620. It is not great but it will do.

I don't know if anybody is curious but...

for the parking sensors, you have to use the original ones or the oem ones that work via can bus (you can find them on aliexpress)( just do a search on google for skoda oem parking sensors). no other sensor will work show any activity on the ans620 display

for the rear view camera, you have to connect it to the reverse sensor on the gear box. you can find the wire under the dashboard on the "bornetz" (is the connector with 8 pins, the black blue wire i think). i used a simple camera from ebay (not the ones integrated in the licence plate light because of the light fault on the dash). for me it works. it is not a full hd picture but it is ok. i don't rely much on the camera image

as for the head unit, i find it slow in reacting to the commands. the touch screen is a bit imprecise (not at all like a phone or a tablet) and you really have to push on the screen to do something.

I have problems with the radio stations reception (I haven't installed an antenna amplifier adapter; I thought it was integrated and also because the antenna connectors are incompatible with any adapter available).

now i am trying to change the firmware (by obtaining a new one from audiosources or modifying the existing one)

another advice I want to give to you is for the gps. try to buy a radio antenna with gps antenna integrated. the head unit antenna is made to be used in the car and for that, sometime, it has difficulties to find the satellites.

if you have other questions, feel free to ask