Octavia Bluetooth alternative location and securing

Morning,

I have taken delivery of my bluetooth unit and am picking up my Octavia vrs (2012) this afternoon! I have read that rather than fitting the bluetooth unit under the seat it can be left in the dash. How have people secured it? Also.... What are the chances of my car being pre wired? I have read that some are? If this is the case will it literally be 'plug and play' for the unit?

Thanks!

I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come!

Not sure about latter but I have seen them put behind the climate unit under the head unit. In my friend's case he had velcroed it to something as I recall. He also had broken off the plastic fixing tabs to slot it in nice and tightly to the available space.

I installed mine behind the glove box. It wedges in nicely here and if you put the connector to the top and cable tie it it's held in firmly.

DSC_0003_zpshbqknafr.jpg

Phil

Edited by Phil-E
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally fitted it today with partial success!

I've located it behind the glovebox which was easy but my problem is I can't hear anything from the speakers! Let me explain...

I took the car apart and connected the unit to test it, it was fine, I put everything in place and it was fine, I put the car back together and it was fine! I went for a longer drive and had a play with streaming mp3 which didn't work. Now the phone won't work either! It's connected and the steering wheel controls work with the phone book. The caller can hear me, but I can't hear them!

Could it be coding?