Swap battery, Key fob (KESSY)

Hi,

As the battery in my key fob is running out (Kessy stopped working, and alarm every time I start up the car) I would need to swap the battery in the key fob.

But the manual tells me to contact dealer for the swap (seriously?!), and the dealer is 60 km from here ..

Has anyone successfully done this at home? 

The owners manual sugests that you bring your key to the dealer, or try with a small screwdriver - but where is up the gods to know.. I've tried several times.

I guess its as easy as everything when you know how, but I dont want to apply force without knowing where..

• 3 months later...

Had the message yesterday, and KESSY stopped working, fitted new battery and all is OK again. It's good that although the KESSY does not work, the key still functions as a remote. Car was new in May 2014, so battery has lasted 8 months, but I am in/out of the car/boot numerous times throughout the day.

• 6 months later...

I think if you re-read the manual, it refers to both batteries in the remote control and the boot removable light. It's the rechargeable battery in the latter they refer to contacting the dealer about. Certainly my manual gives guidance on changing the fob battery.

• 2 months later...

Just replaced the batteries in both my keys but only had 2032 batteries to hand but they do fit (they popup a bit when put in but once the cover is cliped back on pushess it in fine).

Both working no problems and I assume the 2032 batteries will last a bit longer (I got through the batteries in  both keys in 18 months).

• 1 year later...

I've just got a message that i have to change the key battery in my 2015 octavia KESSY. After i change the battery will the message dissapeare or should i go to the dealer?

17 minutes ago, besian said:

I've just got a message that i have to change the key battery in my 2015 octavia KESSY. After i change the battery will the message dissapeare or should i go to the dealer?

It will be fine. I changed my battery yesterday, the display no longer shows anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I replaced the battery in one of the KESSY fobs on my 2016 vRS.   Now the remote function does not work, the red light does not even light up.   I checked the battery with a voltmeter and it is fine.   Anyone had this issue?