VW Side Window Radio Antenna x2 (FM and FM/AM)

KBPhoto

I have been successfully using these are FM and FM/AM antenna on the rear side windows of my pre-FL Octavia estate (which only had one radio cantina) and connected to a Columbus with twin inputs.

P/N's: 1T0 035 577 P and 1T0 035 577 Q

post-59543-0-83424600-1412337800_thumb.jpg  post-59543-0-82794200-1412337828_thumb.jpg

These were taken from a VW Touran with no roof antenna / aerial.

You'll obviously have to 'paint' the antenna on the side windows using windscreen demister repair paint (or something else) and attach the wires on the antenna to the painted lines. I can provide a template for the Skoda Octavia pattern that I used.

I'll also include the cables that are as follows:

Short cable: about 2 m, for FM module connects to existing RAKU2 connector on pre-FL Octavia;

Long cable: about 5m, for FM/AM module.

I've just noticed that the white FAKRA connector on the longer cable is not in the picture, so I will go and put that back on now.

Also included is a dual connector which is needed on a pre-FL to make two connections to the back of a Columbus, Bolero or Amundsen should you be retro fitting one of these and wanting to have two discrete inputs.

£35 posted via courier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Still for sale.

Quite an easy way to get proper diversity radio input for older cars with only one aerial when adding a Columbus or Bolero or Amundsen.

Signal strength is excellent: after all it is a genuine VAG antenna / amplifier.

It will need some for of aerial attaching to it. I created a window based one using window demister repair paint.

As to whether it'll work with an aftermarket stereo or not, I really can't say.

It has FAKRA connectors in and draws phantom power via the centre of the cable from the headunit.

I hope that helps.