VRS console bushes

Looking to replace the bushes on my VRS diesel.

Came across these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Audi-A3-S3-03-13-Front-Wishbone-Rear-Poly-Bushings-PSB-160-/171495053455?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Seller says they will fit the VRS.

Anyone have any experience of them?

that's the new to me Octavia VRS!

Edited by idleness

I'm having the non voided bushes used in the Leon Cupra fitted in a few weeks as mine were mentioned as being worn in this year's MOT. I'd guess the poly bushes would be a step up in stiffness from the Cupra's and of course the won't deteriorate with age like the OEM rubber ones.

as above, the s3 and cupra had "non-voided" bushes which firm up the front a little without being too harsh, prob a better upgrade for a road car and cheaper too.

either that, or go for a set of super-pro bushes (with anti lift geometry).

Yes they'll fit but they look like they'd be really harsh.

Febi do an S3 bush that is about the same price. It's what I'd pick.

There's a thread on Lower Control arm replacement with a partno I posted.

I fitted some Super\Pro ALK bushes. These are poly, I have no idea of the Shore Number* but I do know you can't tell by looking, especially at a photo.

I do know they are not harsh at all, and still working well after 4 years.

Contact the manufacturer, they'll know. If all you get is an address in China, walk away and go fit the S3 ones.

* Scale of hardness for rubbers, polymers and gels.

Even more correctly, a durometer. Which indicates the position of the elastomer the Shore Scale, which is the correct name for the comparative hardness.

The Shore scale has no units, its just a comparison.

When I worked at Dunlop back in the 70's, we always referred to the Shore number. We used a hand held gadget which was just like a small portable Brinell device.

Wiki quote:-

"Durometer is one of several measures of the hardness of a material. Hardness may be defined as a material's resistance to permanent indentation. The durometer scale was defined by Albert F. Shore, who developed a measurement device to measure Shore hardness in the 1920s."

Hope this helps.

• Like 1